Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-08-2006, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Member

54"or 60"

Ok guys sold my cub and now going in the am to get the lesco z-two My question is should I go for the 54" deck or the 60" deck and why. I am torn not sure witch one. Thanks Joe
Old 09-08-2006, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Go with the 60" we have 2 of them and a 72", you will regret not getting the 60".The cut is very good and so is the handling

fluid film- the official sponser of sflqpru
Old 09-08-2006, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I forgot to mention that you can cut so much more grass with the 60. We notice a BIG difference between a 60 and a 72". Time wise that is and also mowing on hills.

fluid film- the official sponser of sflqpru
Old 09-08-2006, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Buy a 60 inch don't encourage these oddball size decks. 44,66,56,42,50, I like 36,48,60,72and maybe 66. JMO
Old 09-08-2006, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacaweed
Ok guys sold my cub and now going in the am to get the lesco z-two My question is should I go for the 54" deck or the 60" deck and why. I am torn not sure witch one. Thanks Joe
I have the 60" also...

I agree with the others and say I strongly feel the 60" is the way to go.
You can put it anywhere you can put the 54" as they are the same machine.
You get the extra production of the 60" AND the trim capacity.

Also, I thought of the one thing that will probably ease your mind...

The 60" Ztwo does not suffer from scalping problems!!!
It has plenty of anti-scalp rollers..
Plus the tires are REALLY CLOSE to the deck.

The 60" Ztwo scalps less that the 52" Lazer HP.

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"
Old 09-09-2006, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Envey Do you have a bagger for your lesco or trac Vac. and if so how well does the lesco bagger work
Old 09-09-2006, 12:46 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacaweed
Envey Do you have a bagger for your lesco or trac Vac. and if so how well does the lesco bagger work
No...

But there are two systems you can get through Lesco/Cub.

One is the Peco style vac with the pony motor and aluminum dump-from-seat box.

The other is your typical 3-bagger. This is sold in two kits. One is just the plain old 3 bag catcher part. The other is the induction blower kit. The induction blower kit is a spindle driven unit. But it is unique among others in that the blower is NOT drawing air into it from the deck discharge, nor does the discharge pass through it. Instead, the blower has a pipe that goes into the bottom of the main tube. It blows air into the tube to push the clippings on through and into the bagger.

I guess it is much like if you stuck a super strong backpack blower pipe into the catcher tube to push the debris through. I've heard both sides of it though. Good if you just want to catch and have your stuff last way longer. Bad if you don't care about life and expect the blower fan to shread everything a second time so what goes in the bag is reduced down very small. But from my personal experience, I find this 60" Lesco has the most finely chopped discharge I have ever seen come out of a mower deck regardless of blade type. I'm a mulching man at heart and this is the only mower I've really ever owned that I like the discharge of, and don't mind a lot to run side discharge. So I wouldn't want and in-tube blower I don't think.

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"
Old 09-09-2006, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Go with the 60", I passed on a Lesco 54" float deck wb, I didn't like the trimming of the 54". I have a 61" Scag 3 wheel, I almost bought it w a 52"deck. Glad I didn't. Ed
Old 09-09-2006, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It depends on your properties,a 60 has problems on small uneven lawns. I have to have 2 mowers for my main mowing. The 48 n 52 genearly cut better but are slower on large properties. I believe in most cases a Midsize like a Wright or a WB sulky 48 or 52 is good for small to medium lots and a 60 or bigger ZTR is for bigger properties. I get great results using this concept.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

A customer wanted us to install one of their 3 bag/blower setups just recently. We went and got it at the Lesco dealer. I open the bagger portion and pull out the instructions. The pages are all out of order and some are upside down. I thought I could pull the staples out and maybe put it in some kind of order. I was wrong. What a joke.

Open the blower package. Its missing the instructions all together. Well thats because they come in the bag with the hardware...which was also missing.

Both boxes went back to Lesco and sent the customer there as well.

Just a warning if you decide to get one...check things over before you take it home.