Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-20-2006, 10:59 AM
LawnSite Member

Don't use it because if you touch it and it is as HOT as it sounds you will burn your hands. Take it to the police!
Old 08-20-2006, 11:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeheart
How could you possibly think that it wasn't stolen? Poor decision making skills on your part, but thats just one mans opinion.
Now 2, I bet any amount of money some lco with in 5 miles of you just lost their blower! come one if that were you that got that blower stolen youd be pissed!
Old 08-20-2006, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles
If it was stolen then you broke the law. You should go to the police and see if anybody reported a blower like that stolen.

Yes then im sure the orignal owner would pay you back your 60$ to get his 400$ blower back..remember what goes around comes around, atleast atempt to do the right thing then youll feel better, if no one comes forward hey you got a great deal!!
Old 08-20-2006, 11:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

O.K this guy seems happy with getting the blower and i am not happy with his attitude.

But for most of us if some one sells some thing real cheap, with have two solutions buy it off him (offer half his asking price, he might take it) note all his details, rego,description etc,even get a photo whatever, dont handle the equip to much because of finger prints...and then get it check out thourouhly with the police dealers etc and we could see a conviction and the owner reunited with his equiptment.

...or we could say no thanks and every body loses, you have some body on the streets still stealing (they will sell it to some body else) and the original owner will not get it back and no conviction all adding to the problem.

So if some body offers you stolen stuff, buy the evidence and get these buggers off the street.

oh and mate print the genuine serial number on here and some body will check it out, good on you.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinfan06
Yes then im sure the orignal owner would pay you back your 60$ to get his 400$ blower back..remember what goes around comes around, atleast atempt to do the right thing then youll feel better, if no one comes forward hey you got a great deal!!
exactly ..do the right thing clallen 03 greed and bad karma will come around and bite you in the ass. let the police know
2004 exmark metro hp 36"15 kawasaki

echo srm 261 t
echo pas 230
edger,hedgetrimmer,brush cutter
echo srm 230 trimmer
echo pb 230 Ln blower
echo h c 150 hedge trimmer
echo pb 651 blower
echo pe 260 edger

an't that a kick in the head
Old 08-20-2006, 11:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clallen03

You wont believe what this guy sold me this blower for.......$60. I almost broke my hand reaching in my pocket to get the money out.

He said that it was his but he didn't need it because he had a homeowner blower that was already to much for his yard. I dont know if he stole it but I asked and he said no, so I felt thats all I could do.

Was this great or what!!!!!! What do you'll think?
i guess the stupid gene in your family showed its head that day. if i told this story to a 10 year old, they would know that the blower was stolen. Do the right thing and return the blower.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My local Stihl and Gravely dealer, first thing he does when EVERTHING comes in for repair, is put in serial # and all prospective clients phone, address in the computer. If any thing was stolen and reported, bingo, it is shown on his screen. I don't want to feel soooo embarassed when you take that blower for repair someday, or even adjusting carb and valve when he pulls your serial # up.
There is no way, a BR 550 sold for $60, even cheap ryobi fetch higher than that! Out of your mind buying it.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

What would've been funny is if, by the time you got home, you realized you had bought your own backpack blower that the guy just swiped ten minutes earlier while you weren't watching LOL.

Last edited by topsites; 08-20-2006 at 12:30 PM.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clallen03
But was I wrong to buy it? This was a sthil!!!! Ha Ha
Well it's against the law to buy, acquire, or be in possession of stolen equipment.

Yes, even if you did not know it was stolen and even if the thief lied to you when he sold it to you.

Of course, if you ask a thief if he stole something then the thief HAS to tell you the truth, because why would a thief lie, right?
Old 08-20-2006, 12:36 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

If there is an honest bone in your weekend warrior azz (which seems doubtful as there is NO WAY you couldn't have thought buying a $500 blower for $60 wasn't stolen in the first place) you'll take it straight to the police to see if they can determine by the serial number from which poor LCO it IS STOLEN from and get it back to the RIGHTFUL OWNER......anything less and you are just as bad as the sorry azz, lowlife bum that stole it!

A friend of mine has a trophy wife……..apparently she wasn’t 1st place though

...Amateurs built the Ark but professionals built the Titanic...

...YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID...