Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-20-2006, 12:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMLawn
If there is an honest bone in your weekend warrior azz (which seems doubtful as there is NO WAY you couldn't have thought buying a $500 blower for $60 wasn't stolen in the first place) you'll take it straight to the police to see if they can determine by the serial number from which poor LCO it IS STOLEN from and get it back to the RIGHTFUL OWNER......anything less and you are just as bad as the sorry azz, lowlife bum that stole it!
If someone had done that with my two RedMax's last year, I'd have been more than happy to pay him the $60 so he wouldn't be out of pocket.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnspecialties
If someone had done that with my two RedMax's last year, I'd have been more than happy to pay him the $60 so he wouldn't be out of pocket.
plus $20 or $30 more for the trouble he went thru.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Always ask for the bill of sale/warranty card etc.

Not that there was one in this case.

I lost $1000+ worth of 2 cycle equipment a year or two ago and spent $7000 on an enclosed trailer just to deter future thieves. It is a very frustrating experience, and I admit that rather than turn your guy down on the sale I would have been looking to take out some aggression on him/get him arrested, and track down the original owner.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Definitely hot.....no way would someone sell it for that if they knew what it was worth.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:09 PM
LawnSite Member

i wonder how long before he steals it back and sells it again
Old 08-20-2006, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I thought about this post today. I was out trying to get some stores back on schedule and some guy tries to sell me a coin collection. He was obviously on drugs because he couldn't hardly walk without stumbling.
It was a very nice collection of very old coins and paper all preserved in those plastic things for coins etc...
Anyway he said $500 right away and I said no, he said $200 and I said $40, he packed them up and muttered to himself.
I called the cops and they took a report. The girl in the store gave the cops his name and the cop said this guys father had reported his collection stolen.
I knew it was stolen and also knew that who ever owned it would have gladly given me my $40 back.
Wait til you have something stolen and let's see how you feel about those "good deals".

NObama '08
NoMoreObama '12
Well, I hope everyone is happy now.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Member

i work for a company in sandy springs and we recently were working at an apartment complex when three white guys all with long hair stole a weedeater, blower and some gas shears from our truck. we now lock everything up but I guess there has been a group of guys hitting trucks all over the area lately.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Member

I Had About 2k Worth Of Stuff Stolen Off My Trailer. It Sucks When You Know They Sold Your Equipment For $60.00 Bucks To Some One. I Also Bought An Enclosed Trailer To Try To Deter Future Thefts.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Criminal

As a former prosecutor, I can tell you, the "savings" from receiving stolen merchandise will never counter act the attorney's fees, public shame and other costs you will eventually incur.

Sorry to read you nearly broke your hand getting out the money to pay for the stolen blower. I hope you hand is healed when you finally get handcuffs put on them.

Luckily, dumb people make public statements, put them on the Internet for the police to use at trial.

You ended you post by stating "What do you think?"

I think you are a thief's best friend!
Old 08-20-2006, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Don't come on here crying when you're ripped off. You know damn well it was hot. If no one ever bought stolen merchandise there would not be a market for it. Thus, there would be fewer thieves. You just gave this guy more reason to continue his trade. Better keep your stuff locked up because the karma boomerang has a way of finding its way back.