Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-20-2006, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clallen03
But was I wrong to buy it? This was a sthil!!!! Ha Ha
Don't be surprised if he steals it back and then some.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clallen03
Today I was out mowing one of usual clients and a guy drove up and asked me if I wanted to buy a backpack blower. He said that it was just like the one I had, which is a Stihl 550. He really didn't know much at all about the blower so I thought it was going to be some BS homeowner crap. He said just wait right here and I'll bring it by. When he returned it was what he said and I was shocked.

You wont believe what this guy sold me this blower for.......$60. I almost broke my hand reaching in my pocket to get the money out.

He said that it was his but he didn't need it because he had a homeowner blower that was already to much for his yard. I dont know if he stole it but I asked and he said no, so I felt thats all I could do.

Was this great or what!!!!!! What do you'll think?
Dope will make you do anything, I had a boy working for me and I came home on Friday afternoon and he and his girlfriend had stolen my pickup with a $600.00 Weather Guard tool box with all my tools and a stainless Ruger 22 rifle. The police called me about 1:00 am on Monday morning and told me where to come and identify my truck. I got there and they had sold the rifle and most of the tools so they took them to jail. The girl called me the next day from jail to see if I would bale them out, when I said no they said "you owe us for a half a days work Friday" that is when I hung up. I made a list of what was stolen and padded the price pretty heavy, the court made them pay me back every penny with interest plus the police went to the person they told them had bought the rifle and just took it away from him and got it back to me, he lost his $50.00 he gave them for the rifle. I would get a check from the county court every month or two for a $100.00 to $200.00 until they paid it off.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

post the serial numbers up tonight.

Well Mr Clallen03, you have heard the views of your fellow lawn mowing brothers most (read all) are not happy you brought this product, i like the fact that you brought it but what you do now will tell the story.

I am off to work now (its morning here) when i come back please make sure the serial number is posted here on the public forum to redeem peoples opions off you.

If you do not you will be forever the butt of jokes and will have no respect of anybody on here and i am sure nobody will be making you feel welcome.

As i said its great you brought it, so lets see the happy ending.

P.S I KNOW YOU CHECK THIS THREAD ALL THE TIME SO LETS NOT GO QUIET.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Member

We are all waiting my man- What are you going to do?
Old 08-20-2006, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

reminds me of the laws out in the Wild West. You steal a man's girl shame on him. You steal a man's whiskey, shame on him. You steal a man's money, shame on him. The last two were against the law, but the penalties were not too bad.

Now, you steal a man's horse, you steal a man's gun, you steal a man's axe, Shame on you. Especially, since those were often capital crimes.

Capital crimes you ask. Well by stealing a man's gun, horse or axe you may well have just taken away his means to make a living and quite possibly sentenced him to death.

The moral of the story. If you steal my TV I probably will only shot you in the legon your way out the door. If you steal the tools that I use to make a living, I will start shotting you in the leg and work my way up until serious damage is done, then call the police so you can become the favorite cripple in prison.

I hope your savings of $440 make you extremely happy until karma bites you right in the rump with its poisonous fangs.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Good God, you guys need not get your blood pressure up. Im one of the good guys here. I posted this thread to get the opinions from you guys not to be bashed across the head.

I took the advice form the majority and took the blower to the police station this morning. He ran the serial # and it didn't come up as stolen. He told me to come back by the end of the week so they can run the serial # again. The police also in formed me that they will keep the serial # on file so that if it does get reported stolen that will contact me to get the blower to the owner.

No one really knows if the blower is stolen or not so lets not jump to conclusion. If the blower is stolen I will return it to its original owner and hopefully get my $60 back. Im hoping its not because it will come in handy.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Good to see you doing that, 99% chance it was stolen but theres still that possibiltiy its not.....perhaps the owner did not note down the no. ?

Perhaps you could check the dealers to, you asked our opinions and we decicided you needed to be bashed across the head, you seemed rather pleased with yourself to get it , if it is stolen watch your stuff because that guy lives very close by.

Maybe you can send the serial no. to stilh and they can check it to .
Old 08-21-2006, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgropher
Good to see you doing that, 99% chance it was stolen but theres still that possibiltiy its not.....perhaps the owner did not note down the no. ?

Perhaps you could check the dealers to, you asked our opinions and we decicided you needed to be bashed across the head, you seemed rather pleased with yourself to get it , if it is stolen watch your stuff because that guy lives very close by.

Maybe you can send the serial no. to stilh and they can check it to .
Yes if it wasn't for your enthusiasm about it and you just said "what should I do" I think you would of got little less head bashing. Glad to see your doing the right thing though, and hey if no one Clim's it you got a great deal.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

hey, i want my blower back!! i'll give you $80, $20 reward and $60 to reimburse you. i can't believe it travelled that far in two weeks.

just kidding. i'd say it's hot for sure. but, if the cops can't do anything with the s/n, you just got the deal of the century.

words of wisdom as spoken by a l.s. member at work:
"Gotta go, owners coming"
Old 08-21-2006, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Member

You did the right thing. You don't have to feel so bad while you use it now!