Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-22-2006, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Someone said that Cops will arrest you for buying stolen equipment. Well, I think that applies to --"KNOWINGLY" buying stolen goods. lol UNKNOWINGLY wouldnt exactly count...lol And unless the guy said "Heres a stolen pack" or he actually witnessed the guy stealing it....Id say he got a hell of a deal.
Quick 36 Samurai 16HP Kawasaki
21" Honda HR215
RedMax BCZ2600S Trimmer
Echo SRM230 Trimmer
Shindaiwa LE260 Edger
Stihl BR 600 Back Pack Blower
Stihl HS-45 Hedge Trimmer
Stihl 018C Chainsaw

http://www.betteroutdoorproducts.com
Old 08-22-2006, 12:30 PM
Banned

I don't and won't buy anything stolen. But I do download music ...
Old 08-22-2006, 12:46 PM
LawnSite Member

i want my blower back i can prove it was mine, so just give it back
Old 08-22-2006, 03:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

ever here of karma its a b*tch
Redmax EB-7001
6x12 trailer
Echo PB 200 Handheld Blower
7hp Toro Snow Commander
5hp Briggs pump
Tanaka 26" Hedge trimmers
Kee Bed Edger
Honda Tiller
Old 08-22-2006, 03:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Take it to your truck, write down the serial # while you call the cops then lock it in your truck till they get there. Use trimmer to defend yourself from the hopping mad dude now wondering what the hell you're doing.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Member

If you post the serial # I can look it up at stihl eservice and tell you who the registerd owner is. If ever registered
Old 08-22-2006, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Crack Cane
Old 08-22-2006, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 128Steve
Sandgropher:

I am not going to argue with you. You buy a blower which you have reason to believe is stolen; It is a crime period. Committing a crime to solve a crime is lunacy.

Possibly going to jail to get a guy his blower back is stupid. So, you go be that stupid person.

You forget the fact when I am offered something stolen, I call 911 right then and there. Problem solved. If not stolen, no problem. If stolen, you get your blower back.

You may be the greatest lawn care operator around. You are just plain wrong when it comes to the law.

But feel free to act on your ignorance. I understand your intentions are good, but your actions can land you in jail.

Steve you are missing the point in this case, we do not know if it was stolen, people need money fast and some times they sell things cheap, we cant dial 911 every time some one offers to sell you some thing cheap, the police takes ages to get there any way and the guy will be gone by the time they come and if it turns violent he may bopp you on the nose and grab it back.

.........And lets forget this stuff about getting into trouble buying some thing cheap, as soon as you get it ring your local police station and cover yourself, tell them you have been approached by some one and you brought some equip that was well below market value and give them the serial no to check, if theres a problem you have all the sellers details and the item.

I beleive if you do things this way there will be no problems, the problems arise when you take it home and start useing it and the owner sees you and calls the cops or whatever.

Steve your way may work if you know some thing stolen but what if theres question marks ?? you would be wasteing police time, the sellers and your own, looking in todays paper theres stuff cheap quick ring 911.

I beleive you were offered a cheap shindy 270 Steve, brand new still in the box ?? less than half the price you would pay around here, did you dial 911 ??
no you started a thread on LS asking if its a good deal.....its a steal at that price i hope its going well for you
Old 08-22-2006, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bad Karma coming your way bro...
Old 08-22-2006, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJW Lawn
Someone said that Cops will arrest you for buying stolen equipment. Well, I think that applies to --"KNOWINGLY" buying stolen goods. lol UNKNOWINGLY wouldnt exactly count...lol And unless the guy said "Heres a stolen pack" or he actually witnessed the guy stealing it....Id say he got a hell of a deal.
Actually around here they can. Called Possesion of Stolen Property. Cops around here are a bunch of PITAs. Nevr busting all crack dealers down in Dover but sure give out ALOT of tickets or harassing people for no reason. Bunch a newbies think they're the bomb, the older guys where better.