Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-24-2006, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron's Lawn Care
Yeah thats part of my area. Have I seen you around? What's your company name?
Maybe, we have never talked. But i recognized your name from the side of your truck.
Company name is: Sun Valley Lawn Service. I use to drive a chevy scottsdale 4x4 black and brown. Drivers side was a bit dented up where a guy hit me at the library 1 day. Now i drive a 1996 white f250 extended cab. Lot nicer than my old truck, and no dents, lol.

I work in severna pk, maryland city, severn, glen burnie, harundale and odenton.

It's the only job i know,
Where i can walk in circles and talk to myself
And no one thinks i'm crazy.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Things are really dry here and we are all over Baltimore County and travel pretty much anywhere theres a large job where the monies justify the travel. We have two large commercial properties, one apartments and the other condo's so there is sufficient maintenance work for us at those properties as well as bi-weekly residentials and any odd installs or drain work that may come in .....in the meantime. Fall will be here soon and we will be back in action......stay positive!!

Old 08-24-2006, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

tropical storm betty and another one just forming will bring much needed rainfall to the northern Va, baltimore, DC ,and southern Pa area in about a week and a half. wishful thinking ??? It is a small strip that is in this drought with rain to the north and south. Again, what do people do with their time when things drop off. I've been at this long enough to know it will turn around and rain and finish the season. This business is just like city farming unless you have contracts.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StBalor
Maybe, we have never talked. But i recognized your name from the side of your truck.
Company name is: Sun Valley Lawn Service. I use to drive a chevy scottsdale 4x4 black and brown. Drivers side was a bit dented up where a guy hit me at the library 1 day. Now i drive a 1996 white f250 extended cab. Lot nicer than my old truck, and no dents, lol.

I work in severna pk, maryland city, severn, glen burnie, harundale and odenton.
I'll be on the lookout for you. Give me a shout if you see me around. Did you guys do some work on golden pine or something? I might remember seing you if you did.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have a lawn i cut on goldenpine circle. and Quite a few in provinces.

It's the only job i know,
Where i can walk in circles and talk to myself
And no one thinks i'm crazy.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Dam !! I should get in the weather forcasting biz. That tropical depression I spoke of last week turned out to be Ernesto. Started raining here fri. morning and its still dumping. I came home from vacation 2 days early but at least the money will flow again!!! glad to be of service!!
Old 09-02-2006, 11:18 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Yup things here in montgomery county have gotten horrible. We have gone from 75 residentials a week down to about 35 and a few we havent cut in a month and they still dont need it. This rain we got yesterday should help turn things right back around. It also saturated the ground and now we can do our aerations. It was way to dry to do them untill now. I saw a bunch of other guys doing them the past 2 weeks and wasteing peoples money.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 09-02-2006, 11:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Aerations will help make up the money from aug. drought. It will take awhile for the lawns to need cutting but they will come out of dormancy with all this rain. In my experience most peole will use the savings from aug. by not paying for cuts to get their lawn back in shape.