Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-21-2006, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

getting in touch with growers

is there any source out there where you can find a lot of growers. we have a few HUGE planting jobs and i'd like to see if i could buy direct from the growers? thanks
Old 08-21-2006, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Check with your local or national associations. Out here we have the ANA Arizona Nurserymen Association. There must be something like that in your area too.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hopewell Nursery
Medford Nursery
Morristown Nursery
Princeton Nurseries
Shemin Nurseries
Old 08-22-2006, 07:26 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ANF, this is NJ, the Garden State. Where are you located and what do you need. I purchase all my plant materials from growers all across the state. 4 of the 5 Treedoc gave you are growers, Shemin on the other hand is a rewholesaler and you may pay dearly for anything you buy there. The advantage to Shemin or Northern Nurseries as wholesalers is they can find you material they or others may not have in stock. Most growers sell what they have and don't have much time to track down odd requests. Princeton Nursery has an advantage as not only being a grower that sells in bulk, but also managing a wholesale yard that you can buy individual plants. I deal with a few dozen growers regularly, so I should be able to steer you in the right direction.

Kirk
Old 08-22-2006, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Member

dont wanna spam or anything but you could check out my site for under utilized or specialty stuff....bout an hour south of del memorial bridge.

poketynursery.com

visit http://poketynursery.com/index.asp
Old 08-23-2006, 01:05 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

well i got a job coming up in october i need like 500 5'6' white pines and 75 thundercloud plums 2 1/2" and a crap load of shrubs. some of those growers i've done biz with but the rest i'll google and get in touch with them. i know its the garden state and driving out in like jackson and stuff i see guys with fields of plantstock but look like private growers with no way in getting touch with them.

thanks for all the help guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreams To Designs
ANF, this is NJ, the Garden State. Where are you located and what do you need. I purchase all my plant materials from growers all across the state. 4 of the 5 Treedoc gave you are growers, Shemin on the other hand is a rewholesaler and you may pay dearly for anything you buy there. The advantage to Shemin or Northern Nurseries as wholesalers is they can find you material they or others may not have in stock. Most growers sell what they have and don't have much time to track down odd requests. Princeton Nursery has an advantage as not only being a grower that sells in bulk, but also managing a wholesale yard that you can buy individual plants. I deal with a few dozen growers regularly, so I should be able to steer you in the right direction.

Kirk
Old 08-23-2006, 07:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

white pines Phillips and Turman, Floyd Virginia Doug Phillips