Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-10-2006, 01:19 AM
LawnSite Member

I have used a Echo 603 for a few years now but wanted something bigger. Read all these discussions like this one. I could have picked up a Remax 8000 for $600 CDN because the local dealer had it sitting around for a year, super price for here but not going to be any support if it packs up. More Shindaiwa dealers around here. Tried out the 8510RT. When I first put it on I thought this is heavier than my 603 but it really blows a lot more air. The dealer I went to had it for $790 CDN it lists for $830 CDN. If you go to the Shindaiwa site they have a coupon for $50 off you can print off and take in. I bought it and really like the power. I have heard someone complain it uses a lot of gas, well thats because it's a bigger engine. You don't need to run full blast all the time sometimes I'm running it just a bit above idle and it's enough to do the job but full blast is great. It had the optional nozzle on it and that was included didn't have to pay extra for it. As far as all the whining about the weight, come on, 25lbs. is too much? Give me a break. So it weighs a couple of pounds more than a less powerful model, big deal. If you can't handle "all that weight" your in the wrong line of work, by the way I'm 54 years old 5'9" and 174 lbs. Everyone with the opinions on one being more powerful than the other just look at the published specs Shin 224 mph with optional nozzle and 762 CFM, redmax 203mph and 688 CFM end of story. Longevity, durability etc. that's mostly an argument that a Ford is better than Chevy is better than Dodge is better than etc. etc. The above posts indicate that each has it's supporters.