Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-25-2006, 10:32 AM
LawnSite Member

results from Green Gardian?

I know some people were trying it this season and I was wondering what type of results they had?
Mike
Old 08-25-2006, 01:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

look at the sponsor site

prolawnservice and i had about the same results, that is poor. i sprayed in spring with it, and i'm going to test it out again this fall. i really don't understand how they say it is a weed control. i didn't see any of that property of the product, but did get some green from the fertilizer part.

the two problems i have with it are:

you are supposed to apply it, this is what i read on that forum, 3 times in 4 weeks. then once a month for the rest of the year. that is just impossible to sell to a customer especially with the lack of results i saw.

second problem was i got some phytotoxicity with one application. do not know if i was putting it down too heavy or what, but they still haven't responded to my questions on their sponsored forum.

disappointing to say the least. i would test it out before buying a lot that's for sure. on the positive side they are trying to develop a selective organic weed control. i hope they continue to do research and make a more cost effective product that i can advertise to customers as being safe for pets and children, BUT also kills the weeds.

my opinion they have created a fertilizer that helps thicken the lawn, which results in a reduction of weeds. well, so do most fertilizers, right?
Old 09-28-2006, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkosar
prolawnservice and i had about the same results, that is poor. i sprayed in spring with it, and i'm going to test it out again this fall. i really don't understand how they say it is a weed control. i didn't see any of that property of the product, but did get some green from the fertilizer part.

you are supposed to apply it, this is what i read on that forum, 3 times in 4 weeks. then once a month for the rest of the year. that is just impossible to sell to a customer especially with the lack of results i saw.

second problem was i got some phytotoxicity with one application. do not know if i was putting it down too heavy or what, but they still haven't responded to my questions on their sponsored forum.

disappointing to say the least. i would test it out before buying a lot that's for sure. on the positive side they are trying to develop a selective organic weed control. i hope they continue to do research and make a more cost effective product that i can advertise to customers as being safe for pets and children, BUT also kills the weeds.

my opinion they have created a fertilizer that helps thicken the lawn, which results in a reduction of weeds. well, so do most fertilizers, right?
I will look this weekend to find your post that I did not answer. Sorry, I guess I just missed it.

I need to speak to both yourself and prolawnservice to find out what was going on and see what can be done to make it work for you.

A number of companies have posted very positive results and of course, we have a large client base that is in the 'normal' range of being happy.

Call me to discuss at 651-789-1830. This is my direct line for anyone, anytime to call for support.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:02 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkosar View Post

did you try the new product yet? results
1-Z-Spray Int
1-T-3000
1-Permagreen Mag
4-backpackmistblowers
1-Four Wheeler with 50ft air blast mist sprayer
1-F-250 4x4 supercab p/u
1-E-250 van w-enclosed trailer
1-E-150 van
2-landscape trailers
a ton of backpack sprayers
Old 03-11-2009, 07:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Humble,

Do a search. I've been in most of the threads pertaining to the product and use it in my program. There used to be a sponsor forum for them. Are they no longer a sponsor?
Old 03-11-2009, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by humble1 View Post
i didn't have time this fall to try it out again. my opinion will remain the same until then, but i do hope that it works when i get the chance to use it. no selective organic weed control is the biggest obstacle holding organic lawn care back. the more consumers start demanding natural products, the better in quality these products will get.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Canada is S.O.L. with weed control now.
I would think something has to give.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:43 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by humble1 View Post
Why do you feel it is necessary to state your political beliefs on your posts? Who cares?

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 03-12-2009, 02:27 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsoils View Post
I know some people were trying it this season and I was wondering what type of results they had?
Mike
Results Poor to OK here as well.

Bought 4 5 Gal buckets, totalling 20 Gallons for $600 and Expected much better results for the price.

Followed directions to the letter and even purchaced the wand and nozzle from Rittenhouse as recommended.

I won't buy any more of that "Stuff", and will stick to products that actually work for lasting green and weed control.

My Opinion is 4 Thumbs Down.

Pete
Old 03-12-2009, 04:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

ouch 4 thumbs bummer