Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-09-2006, 02:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy Lawn Service
I'd say they usually just go get them right from the Lesco dealer because they are an excellent belt that's exact replacement and more importantly they don't have a dealer trying to charge them $90-$100 or more each for belts.
Only reason I mentioned that is because we are the service center for the lesco dealer. You would be surprised at the markup on some of the Lesco parts. I know I was. I had to get the pulley that goes on the engine to drive the hydros for an old Viper I was putting a new engine on because the old one was siezed to the shaft. MSRP on the pulley was like 50 bucks. It cost me about 8. Most of their parts are a little more in line, but that is rediculous markup.

1/2...hmmm, that is narrow then. Most of the brands usually run 5/8 belts for the blades...and 1/2 for the Hydro. Although Ferris is odd that way and runs a pair of 1/2 inch belts to the hydros...
Old 09-09-2006, 02:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mr. pugs, what kind of problems have you seen with the Z2 that makes you say they have certain problems to early that they should not have?
Old 09-09-2006, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs
Only reason I mentioned that is because we are the service center for the lesco dealer. You would be surprised at the markup on some of the Lesco parts. I know I was. I had to get the pulley that goes on the engine to drive the hydros for an old Viper I was putting a new engine on because the old one was siezed to the shaft. MSRP on the pulley was like 50 bucks. It cost me about 8. Most of their parts are a little more in line, but that is rediculous markup.

1/2...hmmm, that is narrow then. Most of the brands usually run 5/8 belts for the blades...and 1/2 for the Hydro. Although Ferris is odd that way and runs a pair of 1/2 inch belts to the hydros...
Yeah $50 for a pulley sounds nuts...

I usually find any Lesco part I look up to be less than what I was expecting due to my past dealings with local dealers... the hometown boys. I find their parts prices reasonable considering...

As far as the belt width, remember I am measuring belts that are 14 months old. Since the width is not specified, I have no way of knowing how much they have worn down.

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"
Old 09-27-2007, 11:42 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
I said I 'havent" had belts slipping!
Belts do stretch! May take more than a month of hard work but they do stretch!

Im going to correct myself here, there are 3 zerks on the JD shaft, not one!
just wanted to let all know that i used a hustler z/kaw 25 60" for over 5 seasons with the original belts and never had to change the tension on the deck. this was for home use mowing 8 acres and had 146 hours on it.

did replace all the spindle bearings. one zerk was busted upon receipt and went unnoticed for 3 seasons. by the time it was noticed there must have been too much wear.