Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 09-02-2006, 03:32 PM
sildoc's Avatar
sildoc sildoc is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Eagle Point, Oregon
Posts: 2,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnInOrder
enough said
Is this because you own one and have never used a 600? I am curious as I love my husky trimmers, loved my husky blower also untill I tried both the 8000 and 600. I can tell you the 600 beat the 8000 hands down in all catigories. weight, power, comfort, and quietness. blew the same brick farther than the 8000. Now I have had 2 back plate failures with my 600 but I can tell you my service is great from my dealer and after the first one they started stocking back plates just in case.
__________________
What ever I do I must do it right!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-02-2006, 04:08 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 11,489
We stayed with the BR420 mainly because they are tried and proven. I didn't like the fact that you can't remove the end tube on 600 for getting into tight places. We hang our units from the straps and I see a lot of comments about that being a problem. We bought a 13HP Billygoat WB for the big blowing jobs.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Lazer_Z's Avatar
Lazer_Z Lazer_Z is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,642
ed, Try a 600 and you'll see the light lol. Seriously I thought I would never give up my Echo PB650 but, I got a chance to try out a BR600 when the first came out at my dealer and that sealed the deal. My 650 then decided it was not going to play nice and the throttle cable broke and I needed to work the next day so I went out and bought a BR600. Every time I use this machine I'm amazed that such power comes out of such a lightweight package.

Rob
__________________
Rob
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-02-2006, 06:41 PM
Lawnworks Lawnworks is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: usa
Posts: 5,409
I will not buy another one. We have three of them and all three of them have had engine failure under warranty. I have seen others at the dealer w/ the same problem. Stihl knows about the problem, and it is supposed to be fixed, but who knows. The backs are not strong either, all of ours are broke. Echo is a much sturdier more reliable blower.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-02-2006, 06:47 PM
joed joed is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,108
I own both the Stihl BR600 and Redmax EBZ8000. For everyday use to remove grass clippings, the Stihl is better as it is lighter, better ergonomically and more fuel efficient. However, when it comes to fall cleanups, the Redmax 8000 wins. It has more power than the Stihl and during leaf cleanups, that's were you really notice it. I've tried a lot of blowers and I've yet to see one move leaves like the Redmax. Best of luck.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-02-2006, 06:56 PM
REALSLOW REALSLOW is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: FLORIDA
Posts: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by joed
I own both the Stihl BR600 and Redmax EBZ8000. For everyday use to remove grass clippings, the Stihl is better as it is lighter, better ergonomically and more fuel efficient. However, when it comes to fall cleanups, the Redmax 8000 wins. It has more power than the Stihl and during leaf cleanups, that's were you really notice it. I've tried a lot of blowers and I've yet to see one move leaves like the Redmax. Best of luck.
REDMAX 8000
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-02-2006, 07:03 PM
Lazer_Z's Avatar
Lazer_Z Lazer_Z is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by REALSLOW
REDMAX 8000
OK,OK,OK, we get it already you like the 8000. So what? I like the BR600 as do many others and if I needed more power to move leaves I'd buy a WB blower and not another BP.

Rob
__________________
Rob
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-02-2006, 07:12 PM
REALSLOW REALSLOW is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: FLORIDA
Posts: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer_Z
OK,OK,OK, we get it already you like the 8000. So what? I like the BR600 as do many others and if I needed more power to move leaves I'd buy a WB blower and not another BP.

Rob
You are wrong, I was going to get a street blower or needed a bigger backpack.I bought a 8000 and then another but I have not had to buy street blower as of yett and I can tell you a 8000 with a good operator can blow 30% faster than your standard backpack 7001 and I do some serious cleanups. Sreet blowers in most cases just make a mess.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-02-2006, 07:17 PM
Lazer_Z's Avatar
Lazer_Z Lazer_Z is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,642
OK, What ever you say dude. I really don't feel like arguing with you about a BP vs a WB blower.

Rob
__________________
Rob
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-02-2006, 07:22 PM
REALSLOW REALSLOW is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: FLORIDA
Posts: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer_Z
OK, What ever you say dude. I really don't feel like arguing with you about a BP vs a WB blower.

Rob
REDMAX 8000
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:05 PM.

Page generated in 0.10254 seconds with 7 queries