Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-05-2006, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Problems with Lesco "chem-lawn" gun...can you help?

I havn't taken the gun apart yet, thought I would post the question here first. Maybe somebody else had this problem in the past. I start up the engine and go to pull the trigger. Nothing comes out and not even any "spring" in the trigger...it's just loose. When I go to kill the engine and as the engine is winding down, you can watch the trigger slowly start to spring out. It has plenty of spring in it one the engine is completely shut down. I can get it to spray, but only if I lock the trigger in the spray position and then start up the engine, but once I unlock the trigger and let go it fails to work again and has to spring in the trigger. I did notice once I got down to the end of the tank and there's only about half the amount of liquid coming out, I can release the trigger and re-start as normal, but only with there is very low pressure.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Matt

www.progressivelawn.com
www.wichitalawnmowing.com
www.partybuswichitaks.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
- Aristotle

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
- Leonardo da Vinci
Old 09-05-2006, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

cl gun

I suspect something is gummed up. Sticky action. Take it apart and clean out all the goo. Lube it up real good--with grease or silicone grease. Install new Lesco gun rebuild kit, if you have one. Its a 5 minute job. Takes me about half an hour.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Had that happen to one of my guns not long ago. Your gun is filling up with liquid because the plunger is not making solid contact with the seat. They just wear out over time and sooner if you have been spraying Iron.

I went to Lesco and bought a new plunger kit and also a new seat seal for the top of the gun which fixed the problems. Much cheaper than buying a new gun.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurfUnlimited
I went to Lesco and bought a new plunger kit and also a new seat seal for the top of the gun which fixed the problems. Much cheaper than buying a new gun.
Ditto... Plunger has broken in half inside. Still seals off but isn't connected to the handle anymore. Mine did the same thing, puzzled the hell out of me too! Pump on handle was in the ON position-nothing coming out. pump OFF handle resumed off position and all seemed fine. the kit is less than $15 I think and has everything you need.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC
Its a 5 minute job. Takes me about half an hour.
Damn Riggle, It sounds like you and I are of a similar skill set, lol. I love a little self depreciation every now and then, especially during September when I feel like pulling all thirty or forty of my hairs out.