Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-04-2006, 12:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Exmark Lazer HP/Toro Z Master Z453 - Opinions?

I am looking at buying an 06' Exmark Lazer HP, 23HP Kaw with a 50" Triton for my own property. I have narrowed it down to the Exmark and the Toro equivalent (Z453). I am leaning toward the Exmark and I was wondering what is a fair price for this unit. Are the Exmarks usually more or less than Toro? What are your thoughts on either machine? How about the Triton deck, I have heard of some issues with it up north but not specifically the 50" version. Are those issues relevant to the 50" deck? Thanks in advance for any input.

Cris
Old 09-04-2006, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Turbo Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberman
I am looking at buying an 06' Exmark Lazer HP, 23HP Kaw with a 50" Triton for my own property. I have narrowed it down to the Exmark and the Toro equivalent (Z453). I am leaning toward the Exmark and I was wondering what is a fair price for this unit. Are the Exmarks usually more or less than Toro? What are your thoughts on either machine? How about the Triton deck, I have heard of some issues with it up north but not specifically the 50" version. Are those issues relevant to the 50" deck? Thanks in advance for any input.

Cris
The turbo force deck has had alot less problems this year. I guess if I wanted the Exmark I would get the AS 25hp/60" or 23hp/52" that still has the old deck and should be priced reasonalbly. Larger frame but it's the best cut Exmark has now.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma200
I guess if I wanted the Exmark I would get the AS 25hp/60" or 23hp/52" that still has the old deck and should be priced reasonalbly.
I would buy the same thing. Trition gives a very poor cut in my opinion. I love my dads 5 year old lazer z hp 21/48. I mow our 1/2 acre property with it. I have only put 90 hours on the thing in 5 years. As for the deck it has a trivantage which works great. I personally dont like toro so I would go with a exmark. No madder which brand you chose be sure to get a kawi. The are the best engine you can buy.

Just my 0.2
Old 09-04-2006, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have no experience with the new Exmark Triton deck, and I don't own a 400 series Toro. We do have Toro 500 series TurboForce mower's, they are excellent mower's, and the TurboForce deck is all 7 gauge steel. We also have Exmark mowers with the tri-advantage and ultra cut decks, both put down an excellent cut. Cut quality between The TurboForce and the ultra cut is razor edge close on my cool season turf conditions,I give the edge to the TurboForce.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks you for the comments. So generally speaking, you would suggest staying away from ANY size Triton? Correct?