Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-02-2001, 05:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Exmark ECS with OCDC (Director) and Proslide

I finally picked up my Exmark Turf Tracer HP with ECS controls. I will give a report on in after I put it to use this week. It sure feels comfortable for the few minutes I have used it.

I picked the mower up on Friday morning and headed straight up to York Sheetmetal. I spoke with David who is the contact for there products. I told him I would love to get there director but I wanted put ir on a walk behind. He told me to bring the mower up when I get it and they will try to build one for me. I was up there for about an hour while they took the measurements. They will have it ready for me by the end of the week. These guys were great to deal with, they even told me they could try and fit one of there striping rollers to my mower. I will give you a report once I have it installed. I can't wait to be able to cut and not worry about blowing grass in the mulch beds.

For you guys with lazers I would take a look at there Director, there have been a few guys on lawnsite who have bought them and loved them.

I will also be hooking on a Proslide on Monday.

I can't even imagne what the stripes would look like with the Proslide and the Striping Roller.

I will post pictures of the Exmark with ECS, Proslide, Director, and maybe a Striping Roller when completed.
Old 06-02-2001, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

wow brians you should be able to stripe with out the blades turning with all that.
Old 06-02-2001, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Member

What is a "Director"?
Old 06-02-2001, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Whoa there...save money on redundancy

I, too, have a 52" Turf Tracer w/ ECS controls. I also have a Proslide on it. The striping is unmatched in my area. I am always receiving compliments and it draws new business.

In my humble opinion, I think a roller would be redundant and a wasted expense. The Proslide, with your body weight, does the same thing.
Old 06-02-2001, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have emailed york sheet metal about 3 times now regarding making a director for a coupl eof my mowers but especially for my GD Chariot. They have never answered one email =(. I sure wish they would answer. It looks like I will have to hit the mig and make one myself.
Old 06-02-2001, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Szyer-Jaybee-Ground Pounder

Syzer just give them a call and ask for David. I know they had a bunch of Directors for Scags and could make one for your mower.

Jaybee a Director is a Operator Controlled Discharge Chute.

Ground Pounder, my plan is to wait and see how it stripes with the Proslide, but if I need some more help, the Striping Roller is top notch.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-05-2002 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-02-2001, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

syzer
i have a chariot i dont think they could make one for it ,i could be wrong but those 2 brases that keep the deck from moving allways but up
and down would be in the way.let us all know if they can make one.
Old 06-03-2001, 12:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I ordered my Director on Fri. it should be here by the end of next week. Cant wait.
Old 06-03-2001, 12:51 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I'm glad to see that there are folks out there with safety on their mind. I wish I was the one making all these things!
Old 07-15-2001, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Brians, how did you turn out with the accesories you were talking about. Lets see the pics. I wonder how the director looks of the walkbehind.