Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 05-03-2007, 11:01 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolluv View Post
I have a 2006 44" Super Mini Z with the mulch kit on it and I have the same problem with uncut strip of grass in the middle of the deck. I think it is the left side middle. I did not notice it that much until I started cutting fescue and zoysia grass. I mostly cut bermuda,and I noticed it when the bermuda was a little higher than normal.

You can really see it bad on the fescue and zoysia. I bought the mower in June of 2006 and really did not use it that much because I was just starting out and did not have that many customers. I think the mower is great but I really wish it had a better cut.

Can you tell me what part numbers and parts that I need to get this problem fixed. I bought it from Terrys Tool Rental in Cumming Ga. and so far they have been great. I would like to call Terry with the part numbers and parts list so he can order them and I could get this problem fixed.

Thank you for your help. Dave...
There are no parts or updates on this deck, call your dealer and let them know what is going on, they will make sure the deck is level and pitched correctly and belt tension is what is supposed to be.

Pj
Old 05-03-2007, 11:02 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Bladz View Post
We are seeing this too. We are adjusting deck level, I will see if that helps.
What mower do you have?
Old 05-03-2007, 07:11 PM
LawnSite Member

2 - 60" XR7's
Old 05-04-2007, 07:49 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
2 - 60" XR7's
E-mail me your details if this continues and I will get our regional service manager involved.

Pj
Old 05-05-2007, 12:57 PM
LawnSite Member

If you have an 06 and you dont have the air kit install a 106765 for a 60" it should include a front triangle plate and a plate to lower you front edge. We have found that just installing the wedge on the left side does the best job. sometime you might need to lower the front edge of the deck. Hustler is the only company I know of that can do this at no cost. It will allow you to cut grass form east coast to west coast.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAF View Post
If you have an 06 and you dont have the air kit install a 106765 for a 60" it should include a front triangle plate and a plate to lower you front edge. We have found that just installing the wedge on the left side does the best job. sometime you might need to lower the front edge of the deck. Hustler is the only company I know of that can do this at no cost. It will allow you to cut grass form east coast to west coast.
I am cutting at 3 inches. What height should the front plate be in respect to the blade height? They are 07's with the triangle on the front.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I am cutting at 3 inches. What height should the front plate be in respect to the blade height? They are 07's with the triangle on the front.
We need to know what your serial # is to determine what version of deck you have.
Please post it or email me.

Pj
Old 05-08-2007, 03:10 PM
LawnSite Member

The model number should have a b in it to have the kit from the factory. The triangle piece should be located on the left between the left and mid blades. It should be a real heavy piece of iron. Not the two little pieces that are bent in a L shape. As for as the relation between the front of the deck to your blades I believe your grass and location would make the differance. Mowing at a true three inches I dont think you need to lower the front edge. Like I said Hustler is the only mower you tweek like this.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Your mowers are "B" style decks. They do not have the triangle pieces previously spoken about and there are no baffles that can be adjusted. Just hang tight. I am working with your dealer and our service department about this.

Are you using the flex forks on your mower?
Old 05-13-2007, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Also getting uncut strip of grass

PJ,
I too am getting this on my new 2007 Super Z 24 honda/60' XR7 side discharge. I thought I was just going too fast which was disappointing as I have mowed faster with other mowers (Bush Hog) and since Hustler advertises 10mph mowing speeds for the Super Z. From what you've told other guys here I will go ahead and call my dealer about it tomorrow (Patten Cat, Joliet, IL). I'm glad I checked here and will be even happier when this gets addressed and I can increase my productivity. Let me know if there's anything else I should do.
By the way I removed that "L" shaped blow out baffle (I guess that's what its called) at the front from the left side thinking maybe with it gone the grass could stand back up sooner but I couldn't tell a difference. Keeping the blades real sharp helps a little but doesn't solve it. I'm not running flex forks or mulch kit and have the stock fusion blades.
Just a thought but it kind of seems like the left and center blade just don't over lap enough and that's what's causing it.
Jeremiah