Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read


Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 05-22-2007, 09:43 PM
imograss's Avatar
imograss imograss is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville Tn.
Posts: 796
Still having the same buildup issues, with mine.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-24-2007, 01:09 PM
mowerconsultant's Avatar
mowerconsultant mowerconsultant is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 9,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by imograss View Post
Still having the same buildup issues, with mine.
Have you talked to Ken and Matt?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-24-2007, 07:37 PM
imograss's Avatar
imograss imograss is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville Tn.
Posts: 796
I will e mail them tonight. I took the triangle baffles out . It didn't seem to discharge as far, but it isn't keeping the grass under there chopping it up fine either. But still building up nonetheless.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-25-2007, 07:38 AM
mowerconsultant's Avatar
mowerconsultant mowerconsultant is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 9,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by imograss View Post
I will e mail them tonight. I took the triangle baffles out . It didn't seem to discharge as far, but it isn't keeping the grass under there chopping it up fine either. But still building up nonetheless.
I will talk to them today.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-25-2007, 09:08 PM
djlawn's Avatar
djlawn djlawn is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 112
I am having the same problem with the strip. I just bought the mower new a month ago. I also seem like I am bailing hay at 3. Sometimes 3.5 seems to be cutting a tremendous amount of grass. It just doesn't seem like it disperses the grass like my old Exmark did. Also, when I first start the mower and try to engage the blades it stall out. By the way I have the 60" Super Z with the 30 HP Kohler
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-26-2007, 06:13 PM
3Bladz's Avatar
3Bladz 3Bladz is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: IL
Posts: 166
We still don't have a solution to my issue. The low lift blades help reduce the uncut strips, but does not eliminate it. But the low lift blades dont stand up all the grass either. It is even leaving grass clippings behind between the blades. The grass is getting real dry here now and we are starting to cut at
3 1/4" which does not seem to make the problem worse. I have tried to cut at 2 3/4" with no difference.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-29-2007, 09:32 AM
mowerconsultant's Avatar
mowerconsultant mowerconsultant is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 9,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by djlawn View Post
I am having the same problem with the strip. I just bought the mower new a month ago. I also seem like I am bailing hay at 3. Sometimes 3.5 seems to be cutting a tremendous amount of grass. It just doesn't seem like it disperses the grass like my old Exmark did. Also, when I first start the mower and try to engage the blades it stall out. By the way I have the 60" Super Z with the 30 HP Kohler
E-mail me please.
Who did you buy it from?
I need your model and serial #, I want to make sure you have a up to date machine, deck and engine.

Pj
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-29-2007, 09:35 AM
mowerconsultant's Avatar
mowerconsultant mowerconsultant is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 9,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Bladz View Post
We still don't have a solution to my issue. The low lift blades help reduce the uncut strips, but does not eliminate it. But the low lift blades dont stand up all the grass either. It is even leaving grass clippings behind between the blades. The grass is getting real dry here now and we are starting to cut at
3 1/4" which does not seem to make the problem worse. I have tried to cut at 2 3/4" with no difference.
Have you talked to your dealer again?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-30-2007, 10:05 PM
3Bladz's Avatar
3Bladz 3Bladz is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: IL
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerconsultant View Post
Have you talked to your dealer again?
About every other day. We just tried the gator style blades which still leave a ridge of grass between the blades (I won't call it an uncut strip like I had w/ the high lift blades). I talked to the dealer today and he wants to try taking the triangle baffle out.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-31-2007, 09:18 AM
mowerconsultant's Avatar
mowerconsultant mowerconsultant is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 9,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Bladz View Post
About every other day. We just tried the gator style blades which still leave a ridge of grass between the blades (I won't call it an uncut strip like I had w/ the high lift blades). I talked to the dealer today and he wants to try taking the triangle baffle out.
Ok.
Who is the dealer?
Are they talking to their factory service rep?
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:31 PM.

Forum Rules:

This hustlerturfequipment.com sponsored forum is administrator monitored. LawnSite.com does not allow any manufacturer competitor attacks and will strongly enforce this. If you want your discussion to be viewable by the public and responded to in a professional manner then please keep your discussions professional and to the point.

All discussions are viewed by the administration before being released to the public. Your post may not be made viewable for up to 48 hours. Please allow the manufacturer representative enough time to respond to your question or comment once made viewable.

LawnSite.com is not affiliated with the Excel Hustler company. This forum is provided by LawnSite.com to Excel Hustler in order to better server their customers


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
Lawnsite,  Plowsite, WeldingWeb, LawnCareSuccess, Everythinggreen, & Lawnbusiness.net are trademarks of Lawn Care Success, Inc

Page generated in 0.09700 seconds with 8 queries