Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read


Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 05-31-2007, 10:12 PM
diagnostech diagnostech is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: bedford, Pa
Posts: 29
I would sure hate to be a mower manufacturer. last year we were working with different conditions, and different problems , decks cut different from year to year. due to weather pattern changes. thick and juicy- tall and thin- etc.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-03-2007, 01:09 PM
Metro Lawn's Avatar
Metro Lawn Metro Lawn is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: St. Clair Shores, MI
Posts: 2,088
I am also having issues. I still get the strip of uncut grass with the kit installed. I also get clumps even in dry grass. I thought it was the wet spring and it would go away as things dried out, but it hasn't. I have never had to do so much double and triple cuttings in my life as I have done this year.
__________________
Metro Det. Landscaping Inc.
St. Clair Shores, MI - Lexington, MI
(586) 563-3990
Lawn Service Divisions
Warren - Harrison Twp. - Detroit - Lenox - St. Helen
(586) 634-2904 (313) 885-9090 (989) 443-4380
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-03-2007, 04:08 PM
1PRO's Avatar
1PRO 1PRO is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mechanicsville, VA
Posts: 77
My xr7 deck was cutting lower in the middle than the left and right blade, after some looking i pulled the blades off and compared them to another set i had come to find out the set that i checked had a bend on the ends of the blade my crew had put on the wrong set the 05 deck take the 52's and the 06 deck takes the 85's those are the last two part numbers on the blades. So i took a white permenent white maker and wrote 52 and 85 under the arm rests and seat. Just and thought.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-04-2007, 09:39 AM
mowerconsultant's Avatar
mowerconsultant mowerconsultant is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 9,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Lawn View Post
I am also having issues. I still get the strip of uncut grass with the kit installed. I also get clumps even in dry grass. I thought it was the wet spring and it would go away as things dried out, but it hasn't. I have never had to do so much double and triple cuttings in my life as I have done this year.
Have you talked to Mike @ Pro Mower about this?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-04-2007, 09:42 AM
mowerconsultant's Avatar
mowerconsultant mowerconsultant is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 9,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1PRO View Post
My xr7 deck was cutting lower in the middle than the left and right blade, after some looking i pulled the blades off and compared them to another set i had come to find out the set that i checked had a bend on the ends of the blade my crew had put on the wrong set the 05 deck take the 52's and the 06 deck takes the 85's those are the last two part numbers on the blades. So i took a white permenent white maker and wrote 52 and 85 under the arm rests and seat. Just and thought.
We have never made a 52" XR-7.
But from early 05 to 06 there was a blade style change on Z decks.
Your 06 52" is not a XR-7.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 06-04-2007, 11:56 PM
jmkb72 jmkb72 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lenoir, NC
Posts: 11
PJ,
My dealer, Patten Cat Joliet, IL, got in touch with our rep and has a B version kit on the way. Sounds like its not going to make much of a difference from what other guys have said after installing the update. I'm just curious, is Hustler working on another solution. This is really on my mind after feeling so frustrated having to mow so slow today. This Super Z is supposed to mow fast, I love everything else about it, just that I have to go slow to get a nice cut.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 06-05-2007, 10:25 AM
mowerconsultant's Avatar
mowerconsultant mowerconsultant is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 9,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkb72 View Post
PJ,
My dealer, Patten Cat Joliet, IL, got in touch with our rep and has a B version kit on the way. Sounds like its not going to make much of a difference from what other guys have said after installing the update. I'm just curious, is Hustler working on another solution. This is really on my mind after feeling so frustrated having to mow so slow today. This Super Z is supposed to mow fast, I love everything else about it, just that I have to go slow to get a nice cut.
Get the kit in, it should take care of your problem.
I am not aware of any other kits or solutions, the kit is taking care of the issues we have seen.

Pj
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Metro Lawn's Avatar
Metro Lawn Metro Lawn is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: St. Clair Shores, MI
Posts: 2,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerconsultant View Post
Have you talked to Mike @ Pro Mower about this?
I mentioned it when I had it in for service. At that time, we were still thinking it was the wet conditions.
__________________
Metro Det. Landscaping Inc.
St. Clair Shores, MI - Lexington, MI
(586) 563-3990
Lawn Service Divisions
Warren - Harrison Twp. - Detroit - Lenox - St. Helen
(586) 634-2904 (313) 885-9090 (989) 443-4380
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 06-08-2007, 08:32 AM
mowerconsultant's Avatar
mowerconsultant mowerconsultant is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 9,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Lawn View Post
I mentioned it when I had it in for service. At that time, we were still thinking it was the wet conditions.
Make sure you talk to Mike, we will get it taken care of for you.

Pj
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 06-09-2007, 09:56 AM
nmez21's Avatar
nmez21 nmez21 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 714
I was having problems as well, but I got the kit installed 2 weeks ago and it has worked like a charm. Cuts as smooth as you can imagine @ 4" on ken. bluegrass. I was doing a little bushhogging (~18" of growth down to 4.5") and it did seem to leave a bit of a strip where it wasn't cut quite as well, but it was really no big deal since it only gets cut a couple times a year if that. I'm very satisfied with the results.
Attached Images
 
__________________
mez

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:49 PM.

Forum Rules:

This hustlerturfequipment.com sponsored forum is administrator monitored. LawnSite.com does not allow any manufacturer competitor attacks and will strongly enforce this. If you want your discussion to be viewable by the public and responded to in a professional manner then please keep your discussions professional and to the point.

All discussions are viewed by the administration before being released to the public. Your post may not be made viewable for up to 48 hours. Please allow the manufacturer representative enough time to respond to your question or comment once made viewable.

LawnSite.com is not affiliated with the Excel Hustler company. This forum is provided by LawnSite.com to Excel Hustler in order to better server their customers


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
Lawnsite,  Plowsite, WeldingWeb, LawnCareSuccess, Everythinggreen, & Lawnbusiness.net are trademarks of Lawn Care Success, Inc

Page generated in 0.09877 seconds with 8 queries