Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 06-11-2007, 10:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmez21 View Post
I was having problems as well, but I got the kit installed 2 weeks ago and it has worked like a charm. Cuts as smooth as you can imagine @ 4" on ken. bluegrass. I was doing a little bushhogging (~18" of growth down to 4.5") and it did seem to leave a bit of a strip where it wasn't cut quite as well, but it was really no big deal since it only gets cut a couple times a year if that. I'm very satisfied with the results.
Hey glad to hear that, mine should be here any day. I'll let you all know how it goes. Of course it hasn't been nearly as bad as it was now that things are so dried out here.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:47 PM
LawnSite Member

pj, I am also seeing two strips of grass left behind when I mow at heights above 3". And if the grass is very thick, it will do the same at lower heights.
I have not told my dealer about this yet, but he is coming by Saturday. I thought you may be able to give me the part numbers to the things to correct the problem. The deck is stock. I have a 06/ Super Z 60"/28hp efi XR-7 deck. Was bought in April of 2006.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:09 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cward76 View Post
pj, I am also seeing two strips of grass left behind when I mow at heights above 3". And if the grass is very thick, it will do the same at lower heights.
I have not told my dealer about this yet, but he is coming by Saturday. I thought you may be able to give me the part numbers to the things to correct the problem. The deck is stock. I have a 06/ Super Z 60"/28hp efi XR-7 deck. Was bought in April of 2006.
I don't have them at this moment, I am not on my usual computer.
I am sure by now your dealer is on top of this.
Let me know.

Pj
Old 07-18-2007, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Member

Sorry to take so long getting back to you all on the results of having installed the "air lift" kit on my XR7 60". A definate improvement. New blades went on with it so I'm sure that helped a little too, will know better as the tips wear down. The kit lowers the leading edge of the deck to about the same depth as the rest of the deck. I thinking this helps the deck seal to the ground better creating more suction, thus standing the grass up better. There are some other parts too, but I can tell it sounds different with that lower front edge. Like someone else said, in tall grass at high cutting heights at high speeds you can still easily get the strips, heck you can get them at 3" if you go fast enough. For the time being I am quite satisfied. The kit was free and the new blade thrown in because it took a while to arrive, that was the doing of my dealer. Big kudos to Armondo at Patten Cat Joliet, IL, he is a good guy that still believes in the value of good customer service.
By the way, anyone know if the mulch kit will work with the Air lift kit?
Old 07-19-2007, 06:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkb72 View Post
By the way, anyone know if the mulch kit will work with the Air lift kit?
You need to remove the air lift kit when installing the mulch kit.