Register free!

Old 09-17-2006, 10:26 AM
LawnSite Member

How much for aerating?

I've searched, but can not come up with a thread which speaks to how much to charge for aerating?

I would think, the same price I charge for a mow, does someone else have a better way, formula per s/f, by the hour?

Please advise! CCL
Old 09-17-2006, 03:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You will want to kill yourself if you are only charging what you charge for mowing. Aerating takes at least 2x as mowing and beats the crap out of your body and most people have to rent them. I charge min. of 75 for the tiny yards and most yards average 150 and take about 45 mins to aerate and then 15 mins to overseed/fert.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:08 AM
LawnSite Member

If you are aerating and overseeding make sure you scalp the lawn a bit first, not to low though. I would charge at least $35/1000 sq ft. If you have a lawn that is smaller than 10,000 I would raise the price a little higher to help pay for your rental and your time. By the way I use tall fescue and the price is a little high at lesco. You also might want to think about adjusting the price for how many bags of seed that you need. For example if you have to use a bag and a half your gonna probably have to buy two bags. You can save the seed for future use, but something to think about if your only doing one. Good luck, hope you make out on top,
Old 09-18-2006, 06:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodlawn
I've searched, but can not come up with a thread which speaks to how much to charge for aerating?

I would think, the same price I charge for a mow, does someone else have a better way, formula per s/f, by the hour?

Please advise! CCL
there are hundreds of posts on this subject, everything from 2 and 3 times the cost of mowing the lawn to $10 per K of turf and up.