Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-17-2000, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Member

I am going to by a backpack blower and was wondering about any problems owners have had with the three most recommended.<br>Red Max EB6200<br>Shidawia EB6300<br>Stihl BR400<br>
Old 03-17-2000, 10:14 PM

I have stihl and redmax. On my stihl the choke knobe falls of all the time and the spark plug boot gets worn out. Thats pretty much it, nothing major. Oh ya on the red max some of the bolts on the trottle are vibrate lose.That's all i can think of now.
Old 03-17-2000, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I have used the BR400 for about seven years. Like LGG said, the choke knobs like to fall off on the older ones. Thats not even a bid deal. My newest one (9 months) has not had that problem...maybe they discovered glue Other than that they have been pretty good. I am sure the Shindaiwa and Redmax are quality pieces too. I don't think you would go wrong buying any of them.
Old 03-18-2000, 07:50 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a Red Max EB6200. I haven't had it long, but I demoed almost every type blower at a landscape show and Red Max was the best.<br>
Old 03-18-2000, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I have a new Shindaiwa EB630 that I haven't put through the paces yet. I also have a 2 year old Red Max 6200. The only problem I had with the Red Max was the choke lever started to move to the &quot;choke-on&quot; position when the blower was being used. It would choke out the blower. A turn of the screwdriver fixed that. Both blowers have a lot of power. The Red Max has 2 blower tubes and the Shindaiwa has 3 tubes. I had to remove a tube on the Shindaiwa because it was too long for me. I also have a hand held Stihl bg75 thats pretty good.
Old 03-18-2000, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have used a BR 400 for three years. Choke knob falling off is the only problem I have had.
Old 03-18-2000, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have used a BR 400 for three years. Choke knob falling off is the only problem I have had.
Old 03-18-2000, 10:44 PM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I have used the EB 6200 Red Max for one season and have been very impressed with it. I have had no problems with it. The extra power is nice to have especially when the driveways and sidewalks are wet. You can blow the clippings off lots easier with it.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
Old 03-18-2000, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

this is my fourth year for my br-400. I wish I knew how many hours I had on it. blowing leaves in the fall really racks up the hours. no problem so far.<p>choke knob has never been a problem.<p>I demoed several, the throttle response on the br-400 was the fastest of all and power seemed just as good as any (in the $400 range) paying less doesn't get you enough blower, paying more...I don't know. it's hard to beat this blower. good luck.<p>GEO
Old 03-19-2000, 06:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We have 5 Stihls and really like them.<p>I don't know if anybody else has had this problem, but we have a problem with the choke knobs falling off.<p>You'd think after all the replacement knobs they sold, they'd make a change or offer free knobs?<p>Stihls start with less choking than other brands I've used, so that helps.