LawnSite Member

Teacher's Turf Care Website name

what do you think about the URL

www.ClassyLawn.com

Fits with the teacher theme..
pc
Old 09-26-2006, 06:32 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

It's not a bad idea for a name in general, but I'm not sure I would advise mixing a teaching theme with lawn care unless you plan on instructing customers on how to DIY, which brings me to my next point: Most customers hire me because they don't want to fool with it - It's not because they can't or don't know how (thou the knowledge bit can be argued about, the simple fact remains that they don't want to do it thus I'm not so sure if instructing them on the how-to would be a great idea in their eyes)...
However, you could build the site into a DIY resource with pics and tutes and let customers / visitors decide for themselves, as I have found a Web site (although a part of the business) tends to function mostly as a stand-alone, or at the very least can do so with ease.

And I like the name regardless.

just my .002

Last edited by topsites; 09-26-2006 at 06:39 AM.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:33 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Why not the same name as your business. If your name is going to be Teachers lawn care--- just add the .com to that.

But you name on the truck should be cute. The wed address should be what will be found by the search engine
Old 09-26-2006, 08:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

With a name like that, i hope you have been studying up on turf id, insects, fert and soils.jmo
Old 09-26-2006, 09:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Being a teacher it will be difficult but it is possible.

I feel that you might run into some difficulties being your teachers. I'm not saying that it cannot be done because I did. I'm a teacher and a coach and it was very difficult for me to build up a customer base because they felt I would not be able to provide quality lawn and landscape maintaince. Now I dont have many customers yet (10 total) However, I've been fortunate with my schedule during the school year that I am able to provide quality work to all of my customers. (I hold my Cross Country practices at 5:45am and my school day ends at 2:50pm) this allows me to service 3 lawns after school a couple of days during the week and leaves my weekends open for any make ups due to bad weather or landscape maintaince jobs. I'm hoping to purchase either a 32" or 36" wb before next spring and then try to double my customer base.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

If you are going to go with that name, I suggest that you register it soon. Posting it here, and giving someone else the idea of using "classy" in their name may result in you missing the boat.

You can check it out ... and register it on my Domain Site if you like, and if you sign up for a hosting plan for the site and address, the name will only be $1.99 for the first year of registration.

http://www.joekooldomains.com/

Dave
(aka - Joe Kool)

Proud Supporter of:
Hustler mowers ~ Xtreme racks ~ STHIL products