Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-24-2006, 01:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Aerating then fert in 2 weeks

Ok guess I'm kinda new to fertilizing this year and before its even asked I am licensed and good to go just need more info I have enough aerating jobs comming up and I was planning on possibly going in on a solid weekend and knocking them all out on once with my employee like hopefully on Oct 13-14-15 then comming back a week or 2 later and applying 34-3-11 25% slowrelease for a "winterizer" and was wondering i'f anybody had any ideas or if it sounds like a good idea and help would be awsome thanks
Old 09-25-2006, 11:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wow that is a big question. I can give an hour long lecture on just that. Short version is Aerate and Fertilize at the same time spring or fall. Water right behind it and you will get good results. The later in the fall you aerate the less you will see untill spring. But it has been my experience that the grass really jump starts in the spring when I do a late fall aeration and fert. We are pretty much the same weather as I am in Nebr not quite a far north as Burlington, IA. I believe Michigan state has some papers out on late fall aeration and fertilization. Believe me it works and I do it.