Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-25-2006, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Big disappointment with the new Pro Slide XT

So, I read read read about this baby, and to my surprise, though I was very skeptical, everyone loved this thing except for a few. I bought and received this guy about 2 weeks ago for my Hustler Super Walk Behind.

This pro slide was made for the hustler I think, everything was just PERFECT! I nearly fell in love with it the hour I put it on =). I was very afraid of how complicated the unit appeared as was my brother/partner. I had to order it without his consent because he just didn't like the idea of the complicated device or sliding.

Well, I put it on and he didn't get any time on it because I loved it =).

So here is the meat and potatoes of this post. As of Wednesday of last week, my proslide had to be removed off of the swb. On Tuesday while cutting, I noticed the silverish goldish tab that lays flat above the diamond plate was kicked to the side. As a result, the pro slide wouldn't retract properly. Simply fix I figure I would just move it back over, however upon closer inspection, I realized that the little nipple on the "U" that cradles the springed portion of the trigger snapped off. This angered me a great deal, but I made it work by manually adjusting when I was ready to get off.

So the next day, I hit a hellish condo 5 acre property. This place is hell to cut. About 1 hour in, if that the pro slide just stop retracting up, regardless of what I did with the little trigger. I assume its a piston, however I just haven't had time to work with it to discover the reason.

I emailed the company early on yesterday in hopes to have a call or an email today so we can get this rectified immediately because the velky just isn't cutting it on the swb. However I have received no response. I received one immediately when inquiring about order this guy. At $400.00, this is about as high end as you can get for a velky for a wb, and I have no problem paying it but we are in this to make money. The longer I am without it, I feel I am not being nearly as productive.

Have any of you had any similar experiences with this unit? Please tell me I just received a faulty unit, I planned on putting these on all my wb's.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Why don't you just call them during business hours?? I spoke with the guy who designed the product for 1/2 hr. once, he seemed fairly reasonable.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:59 PM
LawnSite Member

I would post this in the Hustler forum....PJ has helped every time I had asked and seems to help as much as he can.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Howard, its not that I object tot he idea, but I get up at %:30 and my day is a flurry of non stop activity until anywhere from 5-7pm. I really have no time to call, and if I have a minute, the last thing I will be doing is calling a tech support line. I am sure most can understand that!

Mark, thanks, but it has nothing to do with the hustler. I wish it did because PJ is the man!
Old 09-26-2006, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

what is a proslide?

2008 Toyota Tundra
2009 Wright Stander RH 52"
2008Scag Tiger cub 61"
2006 Husquvarna ZTR 42"
Stihl BR600 blowers
Kawasaki/ echo handhelds

37, Married, 7 year and 1 year old sons , Solo operator, Average 60-70 accounts, mostly residental, Been in business since 1994

When not working I am either flying, boating, jet skiing, or riding my motorcycles

Here is some videos of how I enjoy my time off http://vimeo.com/user2428477/videos
Old 09-26-2006, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzer
Howard, its not that I object tot he idea, but I get up at %:30 and my day is a flurry of non stop activity until anywhere from 5-7pm. I really have no time to call, and if I have a minute, the last thing I will be doing is calling a tech support line. I am sure most can understand that!

Mark, thanks, but it has nothing to do with the hustler. I wish it did because PJ is the man!

Understandable, however I think there's only a few guys there. In fact he answered the phone last time I called.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The springs that helped fold mine up broke about 100 hours in. I just use a bungie cord to hold it up until i can get new springs. Is it really that bad just to put it up real quick or Do I not understand your problem correctly?
Old 09-26-2006, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Member

I did, they replaced it and told me that they had a batch of bad springs. It came in UPS and I had it that week. I keep one on hand now, last week I used it after 1 full season, I will order another one for next year. Being that it is under the plate and gets rubbed allot I see them wearing out. That spring is my only complaint with mine.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzer

Its all part of the business.. You have to take the time ....