Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-25-2006, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply, I will be in touch with you to order one asap!
Old 09-25-2006, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Chute Design
John: Yes, I will be fabricating units for the Exmark riders next and since most of the WB decks are the same as the riders I'm sure we'll get the Power Chutes to match up on most of the WB mowers.

Mr. Bailey: The units comes complete with everything you need for a complete installation from the Power Chute to the foot pedal assembly, fuse, fuse holder, all wiring and even the wiring terminals and screws to mount the foot pedal. Everything you'll need except the tools.

Thanks, Norm
Make them for the WB's... Everybody makes an OCDC for the riders because it is easy... You will get a lot of sales if you make one for the WB's because there aren't any around....
Old 09-25-2006, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALarsh
Make them for the WB's... Everybody makes an OCDC for the riders because it is easy... You will get a lot of sales if you make one for the WB's because there aren't any around....
You will sell a bunch of them if they are reliable.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALarsh

This is the truth, Dixie's OCDC and the quickchute work fine. Walkbehinds need them also. Make them work so that you can still use an accerlator catcher also ( not hard on Hustlers)

There is a big market with WB's IMO
Old 09-26-2006, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks so much for your opinions. This is the only way I can find out what is needed and what I can provie for the people that need them the most. Norm
Old 09-26-2006, 02:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Chute Design
Thanks so much for your opinions. This is the only way I can find out what is needed and what I can provie for the people that need them the most. Norm

Norm

I hope exmark will keep the ultracut deck on the Turf tracer. It could be different then the triton-- please make sure of this--Thank you.
John
Old 09-26-2006, 02:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Not digging, but what model car did that window motor come out of.......?

Since the inner door panels of cars are not 100% dry environments, using the a window motor is a good choice...

I could se emy guys opening it partway and then clipping a tree or something....

Aint nto warranty gonna cover that....

Nice looking product though...
Old 09-26-2006, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have checked with my supplier and they have given me a written guaruntee that the motors will be covered in the open application that I have placed them in on the Power Chute.

If the motor comes back to me in a condition that shows no signs of abuse, bent or broken appearance in any way then they will be covered including any failure from water damage. Now granted... I don't recommend that the motor be pressure washed, but any failure from rain, condensation or normal environmental conditions will be covered with only shipping charges to you and a two to three week turn around. I have not had a motor fail yet, but, if a person has a few Power Chutes in use it may be advantageous to have a spare motor. I do not make a profit off of the motors along I'm just providing them as a service so you have continues use of the product in case of motor failure.

I know I am selling these, but I am also a user of the original prototypes and test Power Chutes and once you get used to them, you will not want to go back to any other OCDC. Especially with the Power Chutes being priced so close to that of a manual OCDC. Why use a manual unit when you can have a Power Chute for almost the same price?

Norm
Old 09-26-2006, 03:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

By the way...

Marc, great quote! Your's and Tharrell's are the best I've seen so far.

Norm
Old 09-26-2006, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Take it from me, you can't build it cheaper than he's selling it. I built my own and paid through the nose for it. He's right, when you use it and see how easy it is to operate and how much time you can save, you'll be hooked..

NObama '08
NoMoreObama '12
Well, I hope everyone is happy now.