Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-22-2006, 05:20 AM
LawnSite Member

another flyer idea

I've got an idea for a flyer and I wanted everyone's opinions. What I was thinking of doing is putting a short testimonial from a a couple of my customers on my flyers. Something like " I highly recommend XYZ company they do great work and are very reliable."Joe Schmoe. Do you guys think this is a good idea?? Ofcourse I would let my customer know I was gonna do it, maybe I could give them one free mowing in exchange for their consent to quote them on my flyer. What do you guys think??
21" toro
echo bp blower
echo trimmers
echo stick edger
echo chainsaw
lots of other stuff
Old 09-23-2006, 01:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Not a bad idea, I dont know that it would bring in that much more of a customer base though, What if you leave it on the door aross the street and they hate each other? I believe in Keeping this simple and eye catching and that is what will make people call. I lived in Cali for a while and the way all the illegals promoted themselves was putting a business card in a sandwich bag with a pebble to way it down and throw it on every driveway as the went down a street and they made tons of sales....I`m not saying thats the way to it I`m just saying to keep it simple.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Member

I do it, and it works. Just know that they may want to call them.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Medina
I lived in Cali for a while and the way all the illegals promoted themselves was putting a business card in a sandwich bag with a pebble to way it down and throw it on every driveway as the went down a street and they made tons of sales....I`m not saying thats the way to it I`m just saying to keep it simple.
I highly doubt the business had anything to do with their business cards, or flyers, or their advertising quality to any extent.

All they'd have to do is scratch "mowing - 15 bucks an acre" on a piece of paper, crumple it up and throw it on someone's front door, and they'd still get the same amount of business.

Originally posted by SLR:
Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
Old 09-26-2006, 11:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl&l c.c. Tx
I've got an idea for a flyer and I wanted everyone's opinions. What I was thinking of doing is putting a short testimonial from a a couple of my customers on my flyers. Something like " I highly recommend XYZ company they do great work and are very reliable."Joe Schmoe. Do you guys think this is a good idea?? Ofcourse I would let my customer know I was gonna do it, maybe I could give them one free mowing in exchange for their consent to quote them on my flyer. What do you guys think??
I like that truck in your signature. Anyway, That is something you could do. I don't see a problem. Be creative, it works.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Just a thought, but how about a before and after picture with the testimonial. You'd have to get permission of course, but a picture is worth a thousand words.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

There's a LCO in the area the has a very nice door hanger with the company info and a few pics of the final work on the front, On the back of the hanger they list addresses of 15 properties they have done work at.