Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-03-2006, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Member

For the most part I agree, PM

The only way I depart from that model of each tool supporting itself is in the case of the plow. Some customers want the same contractor fro snow and lawn. for example, the 4000 dollar plow only earns $3000, but it allows you to keep a group of lawn customers that account for $4000 in earnings. The plow that you operated at a loss secured an additional $3000 that you would hve lost.

You must look at each division of your company and decide what it's value is to your business. To measure that value in dollars only could be short sighted.
pc

Carl Spakler - "This is a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff."
Old 11-03-2006, 01:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

another thing with the plow. you dont only have them for a year or two. you have them for a long time and then if only make $3000 one year then you got the plow and will have it to keep earning money. another thing is that you can be a subcontractor with a plow and still have a few of your own drives so i think that a plow would be a profitable thing for me to have next winter. i am almost certain that i would make the money back that i spent on it.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:18 PM
executive property maintenance executive property maintenance is offline
LawnSite Member

you could buy a used plow use it a year or two so your not invested 4000 just my .02
Old 11-04-2006, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

yeah but still it would be expensive though to get it mounted and all that.maybe not $4,000. idk. ill just have to look at all my options when the time comes and all that.