Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-05-2007, 03:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobagger View Post
Mark, I just took one for a test drive and was NOT impressed what so ever!!!!!!!! My neighbor's 05 3/4 Dodge with a Cummings Turbo Diesel would eat this thing alive!!!!!!!! And I just bought a F-250SD. But honestly Mark I thought it was a slug!!!!!! First they have a cast iron block and aluminum heads, trust me that doesn't make for long term use. There were a few other little things but all in all again, I was not impressed. When I test drove it I hammered it and you could hear the turbo kicking in but the acceleration was not there at all or at least, where it should be. I love my new Ford but if its a deisel you are set on I would strongly suggest a GM (Duramax) or a Dodge. Good luck. PM me if you have any questions.
Do you still think the powerstroke has aluminum heads?? cuz thats incorrect...youd be reffering to the duramax. its the diesel with the aluminum heads! And everyonce in a while you'll find a sluggish 6.0, and duramax, and cummins, but the majorty of the 6.0's are a fast fast truck! along with the duramax and some cummins.

Always a lesson, never a failure.

www.meangreenlawncare.com