Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 03-25-2007, 12:46 AM
casco73's Avatar
casco73 casco73 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: broomall,pa.
Posts: 247
solo lawn work

yeah I have 30 lawns right now working by my self takes me one to two days to do depending on weather or unexpected problems. do you get a good return with postcards ? I've been thinking of sending about 500 in a targeted area just not sure if its worth doing right now.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-25-2007, 12:58 AM
lawnman20 lawnman20 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: michigan
Posts: 14
accounts

850 acc and growing as of 3/22/2007 hope to have 1000 by apr 1
__________________
just making long grass short
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-30-2007, 07:29 PM
AbsoluteH&L's Avatar
AbsoluteH&L AbsoluteH&L is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fairport, NY (Rochester)
Posts: 157
Had around 30-35 last year. Goal is 50 for this year. Biggest account might be 2 acres, but it's hilly and a PITA. Good money and customer though.
__________________
61" Sentar
60" Snapper w/ bluebird vac
36 & 52" JD wb w/ baggers
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-03-2007, 11:31 PM
Loy's Home Services, LLC Loy's Home Services, LLC is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: margaritaville
Posts: 186
5 large comm. 28 res. and still counting.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-04-2007, 02:58 PM
bigmudder77's Avatar
bigmudder77 bigmudder77 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: wooster ohio
Posts: 297
how do you get this many i have 2 as of 4-2-07
__________________
2002 dodge ram 1500 4x4

1999 dodge ram 2500 4x4 (ex plow truck needs tranny work)

1998 dodge ram 2500 ext cab needs all new lines (soon to be the new plow truck)

curtis plow 7 1/2ft 4 years old

1995 7ft X 16ft trailer

woods diesel zero turn 5ft mowing deck (60 inch) 6-7 years old

and a whole lot more ill up date later
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-04-2007, 03:11 PM
snowshreadr4ever snowshreadr4ever is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Livingston County
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnman20 View Post
850 acc and growing as of 3/22/2007 hope to have 1000 by apr 1
how many crews do you have to take care of 850 lawns?
what part of michigan are you in?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-04-2007, 03:48 PM
casco73's Avatar
casco73 casco73 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: broomall,pa.
Posts: 247
biggest lawn 2 acres

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteH&L View Post
Had around 30-35 last year. Goal is 50 for this year. Biggest account might be 2 acres, but it's hilly and a PITA. Good money and customer though.
how much do you charge for your biggest lawn???
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-04-2007, 04:27 PM
JayD's Avatar
JayD JayD is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indianapolis, In
Posts: 2,060
8 as of two weeks ago, still would like to have about 4 or 5 more. Only doing part time. Have full time job.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-04-2007, 08:12 PM
Poncho25's Avatar
Poncho25 Poncho25 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Tampa, Fla
Posts: 369
At the end of last season i had 28 accounts. A few of them were home owners selling and the new owners wanted to tackle their lawn care themselfs...at least till summer hits and they see what they in for. A bunch were to much of a PITA so I got rid of them, as of today, 4/4/07 I have 14 yearly accounts, 2 bids as of now to do on friday. This July will start my 2nd year in the business so, I believe I am on target atm. I just got into a very wealthy gated sub-div and plan on grinding the pavement with door hangers this week. I would like to be at around 30+ by the end of this season. I am solo and do this FT, yes I have alot of free time, but that allows me to other things to help my company grow, besides I am not in this for the $$, I do this because I actually enjoy it. As long as they take care of their yards and are willing to invest in it, I will give it my all. In my past job I made enough $$ to do this PT if I choose to, and plan on retiring when I am in my mid 40's anyway I will be 34 this June.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-04-2007, 08:54 PM
casco73's Avatar
casco73 casco73 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: broomall,pa.
Posts: 247
{ working solo }

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho25 View Post
At the end of last season i had 28 accounts. A few of them were home owners selling and the new owners wanted to tackle their lawn care themselfs...at least till summer hits and they see what they in for. A bunch were to much of a PITA so I got rid of them, as of today, 4/4/07 I have 14 yearly accounts, 2 bids as of now to do on friday. This July will start my 2nd year in the business so, I believe I am on target atm. I just got into a very wealthy gated sub-div and plan on grinding the pavement with door hangers this week. I would like to be at around 30+ by the end of this season. I am solo and do this FT, yes I have alot of free time, but that allows me to other things to help my company grow, besides I am not in this for the $$, I do this because I actually enjoy it. As long as they take care of their yards and are willing to invest in it, I will give it my all. In my past job I made enough $$ to do this PT if I choose to, and plan on retiring when I am in my mid 40's anyway I will be 34 this June.
what would you say as of last season your gross income for your services??
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:27 AM.

Page generated in 0.09232 seconds with 7 queries