Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-29-2006, 11:24 AM
LawnSite Member

Just got mine too.

I had to wait a while because it was sent to Idaho instead of SLC but I love it now. I really love it!

A few questions: Is there some sort of dust cover/screen that fits over part of it to keep smaller debris from coming out? Yesterday I was covered in dust and tiny clipping because the wind was blowing it from the catcher right back into my face.
I'm also curious about the extention for leaves and such. It seems like if you packed that thing full of grass it would put a ton of weight on the discharge side of the mower. And- would the little aluminum bracket be able to support that huge thing? Anyone have experience with it?
My last question is regarding stuff going into the catcher. I went over a few pine cones yesterday and was worried that they were being shot in there so hard that they were going to come out the other side. I know they wont but was wondering if anyone has and convex dents or other damage on their catcher from this?
Thanks a lot! Great Product!
Joe
Old 09-29-2006, 03:52 PM
Sponsor

Thanks for the nice comments. We do have a dust cover. The part number is GCDust for the regular size catcher, GCDustXL for the jumbo. They are about 60 bucks depending on where you buy them. Also, You don't have to worry about the small dents from the pinecones. There is no way they will make it through the solid sheet they are hitting. the small dents are due to the fact that we use a ductile alloy (an alloy with a bit of give in it) to keep it from cracking.

We don't recommend using the extender with grass clippings. People use it for leaf pickup. There is no way you will break the bracket, however. You can stand on the back of the bag and the bracket won't break.

Peter Andonian, Lawnsite Sponsor
Accelerator Industries
http://www.AcceleratorIndustries.com
800-984-9410
Old 09-30-2006, 11:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the response and the info! I will be getting a dust cover soon.
Thanks again
-Joe