Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-06-2006, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

the results are in

after a week or so of using fluid film, all my techs love it. it has become their first choice for freeing rusty/stuck bolts, removing corrosion from battery terminals, lubricating taps/dies, and lots more. they all said their favorite part is that it is not a runny solution like all of the other penetrating oils out there. they can spray an object and don't feel like they have to keep spraying it because of gravity taking effect, in turn, using less product which saves the company $$ (and helps my end-of year bonus )

i highly recommend it to anyone who does maintenance/repair work in the automotive field or the green industry.

keep up the good work guys!!!!!!!!

words of wisdom as spoken by a l.s. member at work:
"Gotta go, owners coming"
Old 10-17-2006, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

bump and update - just to see what would happen, i had a can of wd-40 and a can of fluid film on each tech's bench for the last week, the wd-40 cans still have the lids on them. thanks again dan!!

words of wisdom as spoken by a l.s. member at work:
"Gotta go, owners coming"
Old 10-17-2006, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

There was an old guy in town that sprayed his wife all over with wd- 40 to stop her joints creaking, it didnt work might have to suggest fluid film (true story)
Old 10-17-2006, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

works great and i definetly like the fact like you said it mainly doesnt run and you use less
Old 10-18-2006, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgropher
There was an old guy in town that sprayed his wife all over with wd- 40 to stop her joints creaking, it didnt work might have to suggest fluid film (true story)
I hear that all the time: People asking if Fluid Film could be sprayed on joints like WD-40. I never understood it, although I just met a woman at EXPO that swore that she used Fluid Film on her joints and it works BETTER!

DISCLAIMER: Fluid Film has no proven effect for stiff joints, athritis, and should never be used as a colon cleanser. Read all warning labels carefully before using Fluid Film.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano50
I hear that all the time: People asking if Fluid Film could be sprayed on joints like WD-40. I never understood it, although I just met a woman at EXPO that swore that she used Fluid Film on her joints and it works BETTER!

DISCLAIMER: Fluid Film has no proven effect for stiff joints, athritis, and should never be used as a colon cleanser. Read all warning labels carefully before using Fluid Film.

I had a friend that had a market stall selling cheap jewellery, he would spray the jewellery every morning to stop it rusting, can you imagine the stink after you wore a neck chain all day covered in that stuff ??

Yeah have heard that a lot of people spray there bodys with wd-40, loosens stuff ,so they must figure what the heck,try it.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgropher
I had a friend that had a market stall selling cheap jewellery, he would spray the jewellery every morning to stop it rusting, can you imagine the stink after you wore a neck chain all day covered in that stuff ??

Yeah have heard that a lot of people spray there bodys with wd-40, loosens stuff ,so they must figure what the heck,try it.
It can't be healthy. I've never understood it. It always reminded me of the dad in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" and windex.