Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-09-2006, 12:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i am very confused at this point.
you are affraid that people will look down on you because you have a profitable buisness?

I don't understand why you wouldn't want to letter your truck, once i get my new truck, i'm getting a full vinyl wrap for it. as far as people seeing where you live, build a garage, get a security alarm, put up a fence, call the cops if you feel threatened.

2005 GMC sierra 2500 4x4
2000 Chevy Astro 4.3l vortec V6
2006 Simplicity Broadmoor
2005 Lawn Boy 21" walk behind
2006 Craftsman 21" 6.0 HP push
2005 tow behind spreader, dethatcher, aerator
2006 5X8 trailer
2005 Echo gt-200R
a slew of hand tools
The list goes on

Rome wasn't built in a day, but they didn't have me working on that project
Old 10-09-2006, 07:42 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

for all you guys knocking, him grow the eff up! this is a legitimate question. it takes alot of guts to come on here with a question like hes posted with all the idiot biggots and racists on here. as far as your original question, how is your business doing without the lettered truck? if its doing good without then i wouldn't worry, but if you need to garner more customers then i would get it lettered and don't worry if you get a few nimrods calling you up.

i think we all get alot of bogus calls and you need to learn how to dicipher these calls and not put alot of stock in them. thats how i learned. you can never tell when someone is gonna have you come out and do an estimate and when you arrive, beat the living chit out of you just cause their jealous or stupid.

it happened to 2 tow truck drivers around here a couple of years ago. got a call that someone needed a tow, they went out guy got shot in the head a robbed. nows hes in a paralized state for the rest of his life.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:34 AM
LawnSite Member

Does not matter if your truck is a moving billboard or not.

Always do the best you can, be honest and within the law.

Hopefully your 'neighbors' will see you making plenty of trips to the bank depositing checks from satisfied customers.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:36 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnwizards
for all you guys knocking, him grow the eff up! this is a legitimate question. it takes alot of guts to come on here with a question like hes posted with all the idiot biggots and racists on here. as far as your original question, how is your business doing without the lettered truck? if its doing good without then i wouldn't worry, but if you need to garner more customers then i would get it lettered and don't worry if you get a few nimrods calling you up.

i think we all get alot of bogus calls and you need to learn how to dicipher these calls and not put alot of stock in them. thats how i learned. you can never tell when someone is gonna have you come out and do an estimate and when you arrive, beat the living chit out of you just cause their jealous or stupid.

it happened to 2 tow truck drivers around here a couple of years ago. got a call that someone needed a tow, they went out guy got shot in the head a robbed. nows hes in a paralized state for the rest of his life.
and that falls under the law of one. One time something happened. Which falls under statistically improbable so should be discarded.

If some fool wants to hurt you, they will do it with or without lettering.

I mean all I really have to do is talk to one of your clients and ask for your number as I want to have you do my property. the client will think they are doing you a favor and bam I now have your number and can set you up at will.

Just silly.

Go and letter the truck. If for no other reason than you will feel better about yourself and your business, looking professional and projecting an image.

Since I lettered mine up, many more people know who I am and look at me less like the lawn scum and more like a businessman.

I have 2 trucks fully lettered and my parent's 2 vehicles with magnets. people tell me they see my vehicles everywhere and I must be doing really good. Makes me smile.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Member

I always feel like... somebody's WATCHIN' MEEEEEEE, Heah-he!
Old 10-09-2006, 11:45 AM
LawnSite Member

get some magnets printed with your company logo on them and leave them on your truck while working for advertisment, but pull them off at the end of the day. advertisment when you want it
-Toro 32" Riding Tractor
-Jonh Deere Trimmer
-Echo Trimmer
-Echo Backpack Blower
-Redmax EBZ8000 backpack
-Poulan/Weedeater hand held Blower
-Poulan 18" Chainsaw
-Echo Brushcutter
-12x6.6 Landscape Trailer
-14x6-10 Landscape Trailer
- Wheelbarrow, spreader, shovels, rakes, etc.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnwizards

My business is doing great, we turn down residentials every spring b/c we simply can't handle em.

My un marked trucks do we'll as I make up for it in other advertising.

Chevy trucks, Exmark Lazers, enclosed trailers.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpocket
My business is doing great, we turn down residentials every spring b/c we simply can't handle em.

My un marked trucks do we'll as I make up for it in other advertising.
i think you answered your own question right there. why waste money when you don't need too.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have always felt the same way about lettering my truck. If you make one mistake out on the road like pulling out in front of somebody or hauling some @ss down a road or doing stupid stuff cause as soon as they see the logo and company it just gives them the impression that company is a bad company. Now if I had a company truck and then a personal I would letter one of them but for now no cause I still like driving like I stole that vehicle lol.

Michael Vickers, Owner
Quality Lawncare & Landscape Management, LLC
"Northern Ohio's Elite Property Maintenance Company"
Phone (419) 296-2531 Fax (419) 991-4269

Serving Northern Ohio With Professional Landscape Maintenance

Old 10-09-2006, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think what jpocket is saying is that he is one of the "haves" in his neighborhood and the "have nots" tend to have a reputation of not liking a "have" showing off. The "have nots" are envious of him for doing something for himself and being a success and therefore may try to bring him back down to thier level by damaging or stealing what he has worked hard for. He is uneasy about lettering because that shows he has something and he is not afraid to work. I have been a cop for 10 years and have seen this happen. Unless you have seen it or live it, it is a difficult concept to understand. Good luck jpocket and it's good to hear your business is thriving!