Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-14-2006, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Dude, tow words-GET HELP!

On our own as of 2003. Proud to be a full time, legitimate company.

Equipment we use:
Ford trucks
Pro Line and GatorMade trailer's
Gravely, Exmark, Honda and Snapper mower's
Echo trimmer's and blower's
LittleWonder equipment
BillyGoat equipment
New Holland and Dresser loader's (snow removal)
Fisher snow plow's
DownEaster and Fisher salt spreader's
TurboTurf fertilizer tank

http://jandblawncare.net
Old 10-14-2006, 12:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You guys who are saying get help, this is paranoia, etc. just do not get the situation here.
Read the thread, this guy is on his first lap around the block and he is smart enough to know that the world is full of troubles that he has yet to encounter.
This guy, (or you or I for that matter) could get conned, vandalized, held up, assaulted, or any number of other crimes.
What makes him different, all the other kids in his neighborhood do not have anything to loose. Further most of us have already met with and dealt with bullies, grifters, vandals, we learn how to deal with them, and then we learn not worry about them.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I know exactly what you're talking about.

I myself have learned a low profile is the only way to go, they WILL come after you, sooner or later some sob gets jealous or some comedian has to get funny on you... I don't get what draws them to us, but what I do know is most of them apparently can't stop themselves until you say "NO" to them real loud and clear (and you might have to say it 2-3 times to boot, they can be hard of hearing as well). Sometimes I can go for weeks and months without dealing with a one, then all of a sudden it's like they come popping out of the woods like an army of the walking dead, it's crazy.

I don't think so much that they'll outright try and steal something from you (thou I wouldn't put it past them), but most of them try their hardest to con you into some bum deal, I've experienced this over and over and your best bet is to avoid these folks completely.

As for the letters on the truck, I never did because years ago I had magnetic signs and all it did is draw those type of people to me, big waste of time.

Best I can recommend is keep a low profile and keep to yourself, sadly, it appears about 9 out of 10 people are like that, I only close 1 out of every 10 potentials, most of the time I find myself running: On that note, pure defense works way better than any offense, stay and get out of their way, see you later, bye, gotta go.

Last edited by topsites; 10-16-2006 at 07:09 PM.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If you are young and sucessfull, you should never have to keep a low profile and not let people know you are doing well. I wouldnt go out of my way to flaunt what you had or anything but I also wouldnt limit myself from doing normal things just because you have a biz