Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-11-2006, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hustler bagger problem

Hello Peter,
I have a couple of your baggers. The problem that I'm having with the hustler 1 is that the bagger is cracking right after the "hook" area that attaches to the to of the mower deck. I had it welded the other day yet it only lasted 1.5lawns.
The only thing that I don't like about the bagger is how it attaches to the mower deck- The setup for your Ferris w/b mowers I think are awsome and very strong- I would love to have that connecting system for the Hustler bags.

I also have a small problem with the extender latch- it pulled out of the main latch and then fell off- is there another recommended way to fix this that is "stronger"?
Thanks for your time and suggestions
Joel
www.saunderslawn.com
Old 10-14-2006, 09:22 PM
Sponsor

Jeff,
Give us a call about the Hustler unit that broke monday. I will see what we can do to help you out. It is very rare to have a break in the area you are talking about. As far as the hookup is concerned, we do use our standard bracket hookup on a number of the hustler decks. On others, such as yours, there is no room for a bracket. Hustler put the steel lip far enough back from the edge of the deck so we cannot use our regular hookup, yet not far enough back for a bracket. Even so, the hook should not be breaking. Call us monday and we will see about getting your bagger taken care of. We can send you out a new latch for your extender also.

Peter Andonian, Lawnsite Sponsor
Accelerator Industries
http://www.AcceleratorIndustries.com
800-984-9410