Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-18-2006, 04:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I never told you how to operate. I called you a racist for saying white people suck. This was before you cleared things up for me, now I understand you don't like black people either.
You are right about some things, though, many Americans are lazy. Many would prefer to rather learn Spanish, than to learn personell management.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdad
I never told you how to operate. I called you a racist for saying white people suck. This was before you cleared things up for me, now I understand you don't like black people either.
You are right about some things, though, many Americans are lazy. Many would prefer to rather learn Spanish, than to learn personell management.
So you don't consider hispanics personell? Maybe you are the racist.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Immigrants, traditionally, will take demeaning jobs and stay at them longer, without management skills, because that is all they can get.
If you had any management background, you'd be able to motivate anyone, regardless of their race or nat'l origin. Instead, you take the easy way, and hire immigrants.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Immigrants, traditionally, will take demeaning jobs and stay at them longer, without management skills, because that is all they can get.
If you had any management background, you'd be able to motivate anyone, regardless of their race or nat'l origin. Instead, you take the easy way, and hire immigrants.
so if this is a demeaning job, why are you doing it?
Old 11-18-2006, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLG
so if this is a demeaning job, why are you doing it?
The demeaning job that I speak of, is the position of hourly employee. That is not my position.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Man, this bickering back and forth is gettin old.
Bottom line is, when someone can go sit at 7-11 for $7-9.00 hr. and not have to sweat or get dirty AND get health insurance and profit sharing they do find that working outside for the same or less and sweating and truly working hard is a bit demeaning. There is no way around that.

Someone said earlier that the kids now days dont have to work for anything, have no drive, and all they see is instant gratification. Well that is very true. Unfortunately adults are the ones who made it like that. Its not the kids fault at all, everyone is a product of their upbringing. And its not only the parents who are responsible, its the community in which one lives, the tv they watch, the music that is put out there, and really, there is no stopping that. We are in a plugged in age now and it will stay like this. We need to adapt to it and find ways to overcome the situation at hand. Its just like the old saying "life is unfair-get over it".

One way for our industry to stop paying low wages and start being able to pay people what they are worth/ think they are worth is to organize!

People on this website should hook up with other people on the website from their states/areas and literally set prices. Our business is a "luxury" its not like we are the electric compnay and people need us to heat the house their kids are in. We need to get as many people together and set the prices we want for our services and not compete with each other to see who can go lower.....Of course it would take awhile, but if local people got together and started doing that, pretty soon it would be the norm to a lot of people and they would accept the prices that are set. Not only that, any of you who spend any amount of time on this forum can just as easily write a quick email to your state rep. and start pushing for people in this industry to start needing more than $50 and a way to get to the tax collectors office to become legal.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Member

REALITY HITS

reality of life there are a lot of people in this country with college degree flipping burger and selling shoes,the same way there are alot of people with no college degree being successful business owner and high position because they earned there way up without having anything to do with race, sex or religion
Old 11-18-2006, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
The demeaning job that I speak of, is the position of hourly employee. That is not my position.
That sounds really inspiring!! So is it you that pays the employees' wages or your boss? Don't act all high and mighty when you aren't footing the bill.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterscapes By Design
Man, this bickering back and forth is gettin old.
Bottom line is, when someone can go sit at 7-11 for $7-9.00 hr. and not have to sweat or get dirty AND get health insurance and profit sharing they do find that working outside for the same or less and sweating and truly working hard is a bit demeaning. There is no way around that.

Someone said earlier that the kids now days dont have to work for anything, have no drive, and all they see is instant gratification. Well that is very true. Unfortunately adults are the ones who made it like that. Its not the kids fault at all, everyone is a product of their upbringing. And its not only the parents who are responsible, its the community in which one lives, the tv they watch, the music that is put out there, and really, there is no stopping that. We are in a plugged in age now and it will stay like this. We need to adapt to it and find ways to overcome the situation at hand. Its just like the old saying "life is unfair-get over it".

One way for our industry to stop paying low wages and start being able to pay people what they are worth/ think they are worth is to organize!

People on this website should hook up with other people on the website from their states/areas and literally set prices. Our business is a "luxury" its not like we are the electric compnay and people need us to heat the house their kids are in. We need to get as many people together and set the prices we want for our services and not compete with each other to see who can go lower.....Of course it would take awhile, but if local people got together and started doing that, pretty soon it would be the norm to a lot of people and they would accept the prices that are set. Not only that, any of you who spend any amount of time on this forum can just as easily write a quick email to your state rep. and start pushing for people in this industry to start needing more than $50 and a way to get to the tax collectors office to become legal.
Business' do adapt... they hire hispanics.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnworks
Business' do adapt... they hire hispanics.
...or offer benefits.But it's cheaper to hire hispanics, because they get free health care, and don't need insurance.