Register free!

Old 10-19-2006, 11:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Large or small mouth bass, spotted bass, stripe bass. When the shad a running at Pickwick Dam, go throw a saltwater plug from the bank and hang on. Those 7-8 lbs. stripes are so much fun. Only last 45 min. after daybreak but you are ready to go to the house anyway from fighting those fish. I am usually a soft-plastic guy but this time of year I mainly through a rattletrap when the bass are busting shad. I am also a director of a national tournament trail for bass fishing. If any of yall enjoy tournaments, check us out. www.fomntt.com
Old 10-19-2006, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Trout on flies.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:03 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

It is amazing what is considered game fish from east coast to west North to South. Trout in the north and bass in the south.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:04 AM
LawnSite Member

These guys inshore.

And these guys offshore.

I like fishing for anything in saltwater.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:32 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Greg is that a Kayak paddle in the first pic ? if so what kayak are you fishing out of ?

One of those dolphin fish in the second pic ?

What part of Fla you at ? I see central, around what towns ? May go down there and look around,Jensen Beach area.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:41 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

As a kid I fished all the time and am hell bent on continuing it more and more now.
Nothing I have enjoyed more than catching a small mouth bass on an ultralight rod....different part of the country.

Over 60 different kinds of fish in Alberta...maybe 20 of them classified as sport fish .... all kinds of trout Brown Trout,Rainbow Trout,Cutthroat Trout, Brook Trout, Lake Trout, Bull Trout,Golden Trout,Mountain Whitefish, Lake Whitefish, Arctic Grayling
Then you have Walleye,Sauger,Yellow Perch,NorthernPike,Goldeye,Burbot,Lake Sturgeon.

There is something very cool about sharing a river with grizzlies that are after Salmon.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i like brook trout on a 3 weight flyrod, catfish on a brush hook or trot line, bream (sunfish) on an ultralight, and pretty much anything off shore. overall, i'd have to say marlin are my favorite. nothing like hearing a penn 80 wide scream as the fish runs!!

words of wisdom as spoken by a l.s. member at work:
"Gotta go, owners coming"
Old 10-20-2006, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down East
Greg is that a Kayak paddle in the first pic ? if so what kayak are you fishing out of ?

One of those dolphin fish in the second pic ?

What part of Fla you at ? I see central, around what towns ? May go down there and look around,Jensen Beach area.
The kayak is my sons Pelican (sit on top). It's 9 feet and fits nicely ontop of my spray rig. The pic is a redfish I caught in Mosquito Lagoon overlooking where they launch the space shuttles.

Yes, it's a dolphin. Caught it on a charter out of New Smyrna.

I am in Central Florida, thirty miles west of Orlando. Basicly right in the middle of the state. Tomorrow we are going to the west coast to Homosassa to fish for trout. We are 1.5 hours to either coast.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Amann
The kayak is my sons Pelican (sit on top). It's 9 feet and fits nicely ontop of my spray rig. The pic is a redfish I caught in Mosquito Lagoon overlooking where they launch the space shuttles.

Yes, it's a dolphin. Caught it on a charter out of New Smyrna.

I am in Central Florida, thirty miles west of Orlando. Basicly right in the middle of the state. Tomorrow we are going to the west coast to Homosassa to fish for trout. We are 1.5 hours to either coast.
I am looking at getting one of the Ocean Kayak sit on tops,good for fishing snorkleing,and just lounging. 13' prowler .

The dolphins good eating ?
Old 10-20-2006, 09:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Erie, PA. Steelhead on a flyrod, there's nothing finer. Fresh chrome in from the lakes have so much power you hook up and hang on! I save up my vacation for the fall, then use it all up. I was out yesterday, landed 5 fish the biggest just over 10lbs. Not to brag, but I put in a lot of time and do better than most guys.