Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-26-2006, 01:47 AM
LawnSite Member

hydraulics upgrade, to quick connect

I have an older ford skid steer, it did not come out with quick connect for using
other equipment, such as the auger, tiller and so-forth. Has any one ever tied into the system and installed the quick connections? I would think it can be done, if tied into the correct side of the pump. It sure would do a nice upgrade, and make the unit more usable. Just thought some one else may have had this done to there older equipment at some time or other. thanks. paul.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

It depends on the pump having the extra valves needed. It'd be a tough job for skid steer, as you need to run the proper electrical to a switch in the cab, then plumb the valves and electrical servo. Then you have to run plumbing out of the pump to the front of the machine for the couplers. This is all assuming you can "tap" into the original pump. I highly doubt your machine will have an extra connection to plumb into as if it did it would probably already have auxiliary hydraulics. It's worth a shot to take a peek, but as I said it would be a lot of work.

Go hard, go fast, or go home
Old 10-27-2006, 01:13 AM
LawnSite Member

Scag48, I do believe your right, I did not include the control box in my thoughts,,, Brain was not engaged, well after looking and more thinking, I guess its time to up grade to a newer machine, will have to put some feelers out and see what I can find, should be a market for an antique skider some where. thanks.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:24 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

A pretty decent Bobcat F series 751 with a few hours can be had for around $10K very easily these days and are fairly "modern" with auxiliary hydraulics.

Go hard, go fast, or go home