Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-27-2006, 12:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Your thoughts on Hustler mowers

In comparison to what you have used ... how do you all feel about Hustler mowers? The good, the bad ... all your thoughts.

Proud Supporter of:
Hustler mowers ~ Xtreme racks ~ STHIL products
Old 10-27-2006, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Opps ... where was this moved to?

Proud Supporter of:
Hustler mowers ~ Xtreme racks ~ STHIL products
Old 10-27-2006, 01:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I like My Hustler Mini Z. It runs well, cuts great. I used Grasshoppers when I worked for the local school district and I like them too. If I had to choose all over again, I would still choose Hustler.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Hustler is as good as there is on the market. As a customer I can say, so far, they have stood behind their product. This is very important especially during the pressure times. A better question may be how good is your local dealer? Thats the interface you will be working with on a day to day basis.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Based on the thread above there is a unit with blown engine and 1200HRS and nobody will give more than $600? So from a reliability standpoint there must be some concern, I wouldn't worry about a Scag if it had 1200 hrs on it.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess
Based on the thread above there is a unit with blown engine and 1200HRS and nobody will give more than $600? So from a reliability standpoint there must be some concern, I wouldn't worry about a Scag if it had 1200 hrs on it.
or a kubota
Old 10-27-2006, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess
Huster-still sitting there/Kawasaki blown...has nothing to do with the blown engine,Don't Kawasaki's sit on the back of Scags also?So lets not put Hustler down because of a blown engine.That has a lot to do with who is in the drivers seat,and what there tring to do with it.I know people who think that you can bush hog with a mower.Now I have a 2004 HUSTLER SUPER Z 25HP 60'' DECK-AND I'LL PUT IT UP AGAINST ANYTHING ON THE MARKET ON PRODUCTIVTY!!!- SUPER Z FOR ME
Old 10-27-2006, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hustler Super Z's are fast and productive, especially on large properties. To me they are very manuverable due to their design, and the lack of dampning on the hydro's. They are well layed out from an engineering standpoint, are very heavily built. I love everything about them, but to me the cut is not the best. In the right conditions they cut well, but to me there are other machines on the market that will perform better from a cutting standpoint. I don't know to many machines that will cut more grass in a given time though.

They are good machines.
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.” - Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-27-2006, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Member

I think all the major mower manufacturers offer a wide variety of engine types accross their line. Don't judge the mower by engine failure. Judge how it's handled if and when it occurs. A Kaw can pop just as quick as a Kohler, or CAT, or B&S, or Honda, etc. It can be mounted to the frame of any brand out there. And who knows the history of maintenance on the dead one.
Look at the frame construction, how the deck is put together, gauge of steel used, spindles, pump size, many many things to consider as well as engine variety. But most importantly whats the rep on your dealer. Is he difficult to deal with on warrenty repairs. Does he always start with, 'Well what did you do wrong !!' It's hard enough paying for these expensive pieces. I don't want to have to go to small claims court every time I have an incident reguarding warrenty. I want someone on my side for a change. You may consider the same.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws
...there must be a few other people that like them also because Hustler's sales went up 28% this year while all other zero turn mowers went down.
Quote taken from - http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...7&postcount=21

So if that's true then they must be doing something right and have a quality product that is one of the top few in the industry. All I have read about them is it's a top notch machine and should be highly considered.

Last edited by jtkplc; 10-27-2006 at 09:01 PM.