Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-28-2006, 10:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Leaf Removal but not with the (cyclone rake)

The other day I called to buy a cyclone rake. The person I spoke with, told me it would be at least 3 weeks to get one. Over two weeks to fill the order and than shipping. She told me that as soon as one leaf falls, all the lawn people call and want one, and well to get one I would have to call in Sept. I got the feeling that a 2000.00 sale just did matter to her. This company seems to spend a lot of money advertizing the product, I think they need to spend more money on shipping and customer service. I am always surprised at the lact of customer service I see in todays businesses.
Anyway, does anyone know of other companys that sell the same kind of product that might want my business...
Old 10-28-2006, 10:24 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I bet I can tell you this persons name too! One I talked with was rude when I bought one and was even ruder when I sent it back! I will say though they do honor their guarantee.
echo hedge clippers
echo long pole hedge clippers
Redmax weedeater
echo 650 BP blower
6 x 16 trailer
5 x 8 trailor
2001 Chevy LS Silverado
Polaris Sportsman 500 AWD ATV
last but not least, TWINS!
Old 10-28-2006, 10:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Madmax,
Not sure about your location,but there is one on ebay right now with 2 days left................
Old 10-28-2006, 01:48 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I got good and fast service on my CR, but I also ordered back in August and I know that was a slow time for them then.

wayne

Old 10-28-2006, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Member

I tried to buy a generator just after Katrina and couldn't find anyone that could deliver one. I did buy a CR last month and got it in a week and received very friendly service.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax
The other day I called to buy a cyclone rake. The person I spoke with, told me it would be at least 3 weeks to get one. Over two weeks to fill the order and than shipping. She told me that as soon as one leaf falls, all the lawn people call and want one, and well to get one I would have to call in Sept. I got the feeling that a 2000.00 sale just did matter to her. This company seems to spend a lot of money advertizing the product, I think they need to spend more money on shipping and customer service. I am always surprised at the lact of customer service I see in todays businesses.
Anyway, does anyone know of other companys that sell the same kind of product that might want my business...

drpower.com it has a chipper.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax
Just a bit of advice, If you are looking to buy a good snowblower, order it now, not the day after we get hit with our first good snowstorm.

Ordered my cyclone rake before the leaves fell. Very friendly service.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I bet if the owner of Woodland Products (Cyclone Rake) saw this thread, he would have one sent out to you in less than a week, AND be looking into his "weakest link" in public relations.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
I bet if the owner of Woodland Products (Cyclone Rake) saw this thread, he would have one sent out to you in less than a week, AND be looking into his "weakest link" in public relations.
Or it could by like our business..........well I know it should only cost you 2400 dollars.......but for 5000 maybe i could move you to the front of the line...... but in actuality....most of us seasoned vetrans would take care of our core base of customers first and then just put the newcomers in line as the phone rings.......first come first serve
Old 10-28-2006, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You are blaming the makers of Cyclone Rake for having a delay in shipping when you ordered during the busiest time? Hello? McFly? Sounds to me like poor planning on your part and you are trying to blame others for your failure. I bought my Cyclones (2) over the past two years, each in July to have time to prepare, that's called a business plan. Try asking Harry and David to send your fruit basket in one day at Christmas while you are at it, come on man think a little! Get the rake too, it's awesome