Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-21-2000, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

bought it a couple years ago and used it on a couple of my realy bad weed infested lawns. i had to go back and redo it with the liquid.
Old 03-21-2000, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Member

according to my info for momentum...it says&quot; excellent control of clovers,dandelion,plaintain, chickweed(my favorite) and dozens of other broadleaf weeds.university results indicate 70-85% range of broadlaf conrtol,which is comparable to sprayable herbicides&quot;<br>
Old 03-21-2000, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Member

where would you refill? would you ask customer for some water? i needz to kill your weeds...
Old 03-21-2000, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Member

right now i'm close to 400k sq ft....
Old 03-22-2000, 06:58 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You get a 50 gal. tank for the back of your truck. Depending on nozzle and calibration, you should be able to do 200-250M with 50 gallons out of a back-pack sprayer.
Old 03-22-2000, 07:03 AM
LawnSite Member

lazer,<br>but what about info momentum..are they full of beans?<br>thanks
Old 03-22-2000, 07:15 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Slager, the advertising for granulars is based on theoretically ideal conditions, which you will rarely find. Only ways to practically control weeds is preemergently, liquid or granular, or post emergently with liquid. Granular post-em control is for homeowners to play with.<p>----------<br>Jim<br>North central Indiana
Old 03-22-2000, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Member

ok... just got off the phone with my lesco rep...<br>he states that&quot; this new product called 'elite' momemtum works like no other weed n feed before. it has dichloro in it and that acts as a systematic form of control..no other granular weed n feed can say that. this product was only available to this lesco late last fall as its availability was hard to come by&quot;<br> i do realize that spraying is the best way to control % of weeds, but is it the best way for a small commercial guy to apply? my reasoning is <br>1-xtra hassle of mixing <br>2-calibrating correctly so you don't kill stuff<br>3-i'm going to back pack a lawn when i can granular it in about at least half the time?<br>4-less user friendly<br>5-more potential of drifting<p>so my idea is to go for granular this year and spot spray in the fall...<br>i'll let you know if your right and fer sure if your wrong...<br>thanks for all the input..NOW back to my original ? trimec and team pro..what's your thoughts of these products liquid or granular wise?<br>
Old 03-22-2000, 09:17 AM
Banned

Elite refers to the granule size of Lesco's products. Let us know your results. I would probably stick with liquid, though. I'll talk to a rep and see what they say, though. I have to agree granular would be more convenient all the way around even if the results were slightly less stunning. This is my first year applying pesticides and don't want to take a risk of losing half of my customers because they are unhappy with the results.<p>While we are on the topic, though, do you usually use selective herbicides for spraying? Under what circumstances would you choose to use a non-selective? What are your favorites, and why?<p>John<br>
Old 03-22-2000, 10:51 AM
Banned

how about MILLINIUM ULTRA it's supposed to be foliar and root adsorbed...saw it last fall..spring is a real bad time to kill weeds anyway..what about TEAM for poa ann. control?