Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-22-2000, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Member

why is spring a bad time to kill weeds?
Old 03-22-2000, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

In the Fall the pesticide is drawn into the roots better than Spring, the plant is storing energy for Winter. You still get kill in the Spring but usually better in the Fall. I do a good overall spray in the Spring and in the Fall I only do where it is needed.
Old 03-22-2000, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

cantoo is right about that...for annual weeds it dosnt matter as much but with pereniel weeds they will be killed perminatly if you spray them in the fall.
Old 03-22-2000, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Member

plus...weeds germinate at different times..<br>i did see the MILLINIUM ULTRA ad today in a trade magazine...that is the same way momemtum is suppose to work..systematic and foilage. i know most of you guys are sprayers..but i'm going to try the granular and let you know results..good or bad.One thing i am doing my applications from 5-8 am so i should have better results with dew on the grass.most of my lawns are in good shape,weed wise and i've told them about spot treating in the fall...(more work).<br>i think i'll be $$$ ahead...hopefully and have happy customers to boot!
Old 03-22-2000, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Slager, I have a question on the granular. How wide can you throw it? I am wondering how you keep it from getting onto flowers etc. With my liquid I can shut off either side of my boom and I can see exactly where the spray is going so I know how far to stay away from plants. I was thinking of trying grandular but not quite sure if it will work. My fertilizer spreader shoots about a 15' width but it's hard to control because it's wheel driven.
Old 03-22-2000, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Member

i'm using a lesco spreader with a optional jet action deflector..trufully i have not used it...this is a new adventure for me...just got my pest. license ..ah about 10 days ago.