Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-29-2006, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Post of the week

SLS gave me an Idea when he posted this in a politics thread

"Originally Posted by Distorted
The same people that condemned Bush for not flaunting the law and taking control in New Orleans after Katrina are now bitching because Congress filled the hole to allow just that with this bill. I am not holding my breath waiting for these malcontents to ever find any semblance of an action by the current administration to their liking, so who gives a big greasy dump what they think?"

SLS post "I would like to nominate this post as 'Post Of The Week'
Just an Idea but what do you think about having a post of the week or post of the month?
I know the moderators can't sort thou all the posts looking for the best one but we the members could make nominations and then we could vote on them.
I don't know about the rest of you but there is no way I can read all of the posts on LS anymore and I know that I have to be missing some good ones. We could just have one best post or one from each category.
Like I said just a thought and maybe some one else can improve on it.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:23 PM
Senior Moderator

I think it's a nice idea. Just as long as friends don't try to corrupt it by voting or picking a post just because they are friends with that person. (sorta like a highschool clique only nominating their friends, as that would defeat the true purpose behind having it)
There are some really helpful posts here, even from members that don't post that much. I'd say a post of the month, or even thread of the month could be doable.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe even go as far as adding a poll or voting section just for post of the week?
Old 10-29-2006, 10:29 PM

leadarrows will vote for the bump threads
Old 10-29-2006, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MajorTom
I think it's a nice idea. Just as long as friends don't try to corrupt it by voting or picking a post just because they are friends with that person. (sorta like a highschool clique only nominating their friends, as that would defeat the true purpose behind having it)
There are some really helpful posts here, even from members that don't post that much. I'd say a post of the month, or even thread of the month could be doable.
I agree it would be a shame if it got used as a popularity thing. That would defeat the whole idea. I really am interested in seeing good posts that I might miss other wise.
Charles I don't need to see bump threads nominated....they seem to take bump of themselves. LOL
Old 10-29-2006, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think this is a great idea along with a poll to decide who wins. The winner each month gets a date with Wildwest or Sheshovel!
Old 10-29-2006, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i nominate this as thread of the week
Old 10-29-2006, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy2tall
I think this is a great idea along with a poll to decide who wins. The winner each month gets a date with Wildwest or Sheshovel!
If it's all the same to you single guys us married guys would rather.....stay alive longer if we just settled for an LS hat. LOL