Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-20-2000, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Do any of you use a hydraulic dump trailer for grass. I have for years now just used our flat 20 ft. trailer to back up on and dump grass on to with a rear dump system on our mowers. I am now thinking of buying a EZ dump trailer because I'm tired of scooping grass off our trailer when I get to the dump. One flaw already is that these trailers don't have a ramp gate so I have to back up into them on two 8" ramps (Kind of Tricky). If any of you use these tell me if you like or don't like. Thanks! Also, he is asking $4995.00 for a 12x7.
Old 03-20-2000, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Brimar makes a dump trailer with a landscape gate. They are priced comparatively. Or you could fabricate your own for this trailer. Where are you going to put your equipment as the trailer fills with grass? Most of the dump trailers are far shorter than the 20' you are used to.
Old 03-20-2000, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Member

I should have made that more clear. The dump trailer will be behind our second truck for our large comm. acct's and I will pull our equip. And on the days that we will be doing our residentials we use buckets and when they get full then we will go to our shop and dump our buckets in our dump trailer. Where can I find this trailer your talking about?
Old 03-22-2000, 12:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Soory for the slow response. Try 800-732-5845. They are located in PA. but I am told they will ship anywhere. Good luck.<br>David
Old 03-22-2000, 01:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

say,<br>If you are gonna bring a second truck, then why not think about getting a dump truck instead. For the cost of the dump trailer, you could probably put a good amount of money towards the truck. Also, then you could still pull another 20 footer loaded with equip. <br>Just an idea, but if you have two trucks, it makes sense. That, or maybe a pick-up bed dump for the truck also.
Old 03-22-2000, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I am considering a dump trailer because the insurance on a dump truck is high and I will be using it about 20 times a year max,so I think it makes sense for savings in insurance alone,the cost of an extra vehicle and where are you going to find a reliable D-truck for 5g's,not around here,you can get new trailer that will carry 4tons legal,as opposed to 1-2 tons from a 1 ton truck.Anyone hows had both I'd like to hear from on this.<p>----------<br>John D<br>