Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-01-2006, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wouldn't buy it.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Check out the make of it for sure, Sea Ray is great but I do not think it is one. If its a Sun Runner they went out of business and had some serious issues with the hulls cracking and breaking. Trailer looks to be about $1500 to $2000 and motor $1500 out drive $1500, so I guess if its around $4K may be worth a gamble.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:35 PM
LawnSite Member

$3,500 plus 1.98 for the 2x4 in front of the cabin door.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

paint it camo and you'll have the classiest duck boat on the lake.

i'd give $4000 tops, but that's because of where it is from.

words of wisdom as spoken by a l.s. member at work:
"Gotta go, owners coming"
Old 11-01-2006, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thats not a sea ray, looks like an ebtide or a sun runner.

might be worth 4k here

"You cannot run a "mow and go" operation and cry every time you lose an account" -JustMowit
Old 11-01-2006, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogunn
I'd offer $4500.
based upon the consensus of offers...I'd say my figure was right on!

GEO
Old 11-01-2006, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for all the opinions guys. I have not taken a good hard close look at the boat yet, but I will look at all the things you have mentioned. From my quick glances at it, it seems to be in very good shape. It was always mantained and winterized. The guy has most of the records. He is a friend of mine, so I don't expect too much foul play with what he says about it, but you never know. It is a SunRay for sure, not a SeaRay. I looked it up and have found similar boats. He says a '91, but I say an '89 and the registration on the boat confirms that. It was a lake boat for 90% of it's life. He is the second owner. Has all the electronics. Trailer is four years old and the 305 Chevy has 50 hours on it. You can see through the canvas fine, no tears and no yellowing. I am thinking about hanging up my racing helmet and trading my VW race car and 1986 car/ equipment trailer. I just don't have as much time as I would like. I have about $4500 into my set up, but it is worth around $3800 to $4,000, so I would say that I am on the winning side of things. I might just trun around and sell the boat. I would be able to broaden the market I am selling to. More people would want a boat than a race car. The boat's blue book is around $7500 to $8300, but I know how blue books are. That doesn't include the new engine or the updated electronics. I have looked up the exact same boats for sale around here and they range from $8,000 to $11,200 for a really nice one. There are about 4 of them within 200 miles of here. I think with a little cleaning it could be a nice boat for me or someone else.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMLAWN
check out the Gel coat. Question the reason for the engine swap. Was the outdrive also changed or just the block.
Very good point PM. I am going to print this thread out and bring it with me if we get close to a dela and ask all these questions. I know that the Gel coat was in good shape, but it might have been redone at sometime. It has brand new bottom paint as well. I think the engine was changed because someone forgot to do the oil or some maintenance thing to it. That doesn't work well. This guy bought it with the blown motor and had a "new" (I have to find out if it is new or new to the boat) 305 Chevy put in and it only has 50 hours on it. I had a 305 Chevy in my last truck and know that motor well. I will triple check on why the engine was replaced. I know most of them come with the 4.3 Merc. I do not think the outdrive was changed, but it might have been. It is in really good shape and is a Mercruiser. I doubt that it is in the origional without a rebuild on it.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThisDeere
Thanks for all the opinions guys. I have not taken a good hard close look at the boat yet, but I will look at all the things you have mentioned. From my quick glances at it, it seems to be in very good shape. It was always mantained and winterized. The guy has most of the records. He is a friend of mine, so I don't expect too much foul play with what he says about it, but you never know. It is a SunRay for sure, not a SeaRay. I looked it up and have found similar boats. He says a '91, but I say an '89 and the registration on the boat confirms that. It was a lake boat for 90% of it's life. He is the second owner. Has all the electronics. Trailer is four years old and the 305 Chevy has 50 hours on it. You can see through the canvas fine, no tears and no yellowing. I am thinking about hanging up my racing helmet and trading my VW race car and 1986 car/ equipment trailer. I just don't have as much time as I would like. I have about $4500 into my set up, but it is worth around $3800 to $4,000, so I would say that I am on the winning side of things. I might just trun around and sell the boat. I would be able to broaden the market I am selling to. More people would want a boat than a race car. The boat's blue book is around $7500 to $8300, but I know how blue books are. That doesn't include the new engine or the updated electronics. I have looked up the exact same boats for sale around here and they range from $8,000 to $11,200 for a really nice one. There are about 4 of them within 200 miles of here. I think with a little cleaning it could be a nice boat for me or someone else.
I and one other person were more correct. Boats don't lose there value all that much.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Talked to the guy today. He might have a buyer lined up for it, so he might pay cash for my set up. We'll see. Anyway, the engine was not replaced, it was rebuilt. Still the orgional engine. The origional owner forgot to do something to it and the engine needed a rebuild. Has 50 hours on it since rebuild. He has all service records on boat, motor, and trailer. Everything is in good shape. No cracks, water has never gotten in. Always flushed out and washed. It was stored on one of those lifting docks on the lake where it was and then everythime is was in the ocean it was hauled out after the use. The only thing that it needs (or so he says) is one of the brake lines on the trailer has rotted out and needs to be replaced. It is a surge brake system. I have never worked on these. What will this entail to fix it? Oh boy, another trailer brake thread!