Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-07-2006, 11:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

anybody ever heard of LIFAN motorcycles

Hey guys, looking on ebay yesterday and ran across the super cheap bikes that LIFAN makes, i've never heard of them. Does anyone know anything abou them, know anybody that owns one, own one themselves if so tell me about them..........I've owned yamahas, suzuki's and honda's but hell you can buy 3-4 of those LIFANS for the price of one of the big names, i would just be riding this to work everynow and then to save some gas money......any info would be much appreciated

link to pic of bike

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOTOR...QQcmdZViewItem
Scag Vride 52"
John Deere 455 Diesel 60"
John Deere JX75 21"
Craftsman 21"
Echo blower/trimmer
Old 11-07-2006, 12:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

They are probably the equivalent to these little chinese made quad runners, mini-cycles, and such that we are seeing for sale all over the place. People are buying them, but finding out that they break easily, and parts are NO where to be found for them. Dealers just keep laughing when they get these calls to their service departments regarding these ATVs. They won't even touch them. Even if you COULD get parts for them, the parts would cost about as much as the machine itslf, did.
Well, the concept is spreading, and they're bringing it into bigger bikes, now. If you're even considering maling a purchase, don't do that to yourself. Do it right, and get a brand name bike...one that is proven. Atleast then, you know you can get parts, you have service if necessary (less necessary with a brand name), and you will be getting parts for years down the road. (Where will THESE companies be in 10 years?).

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My friend bought the blue one this year and loves it. I helped him assemble it and the quality was pretty good. I didn't care for the swing arm tire adjusters thou. For something for just running around on, the price is right.
Any problems and they ship the replacement parts directly to you.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes. They are clones off of a similar Honda. Almost all honda engine parts should work with this engine.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Intruging isnt it. I was interested enough to do a google or two. I'm thinking I'd rather buy a used Honda or Yamaha then a new one of those. This really is just a reaction to comments about blown motors, difficulty in finding parts, and a general bad experience in chinese metals.

I guess I'm thinking a clonie made w/bad parts that fail easily isn't a good idea..

good luck though!

dan