Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-08-2007, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Matt

yes you are mistaken, First of all the EPA won't certify anything with over a year residual. and Safari is a ground sterilizer that pretty much kills everything for up to a year on clay and less time on sandy soil.
I Bad

Last night I had a few beers and came home to make the above post at 1 am in the morning. I mixed up the names of these two chemicals. Sahara is the correct name I was referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattcurry View Post
Correct me if im wrong, but we were having a conversation about chinch but which attack turf, not ornamentals.. From the looks of this label this product is allowed for use on ornamentals and nurseries...

If this is correct why not just buy a case of nufos, who cares if its labeled for residential lawn use right?

Wrong

It is easy enough to cross reference Chemical names to find the Agi Brand name at a cheaper price. However if you get caught the fine will out weight the saving. Yes it gets me mad when I see agriculture spray acres of chemicals that we can't even buy legally. But the farmer have a strong lobby.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ric, I thought you mistyped But don't forget the golf corse
Old 02-08-2007, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.A.K View Post
Ric, I thought you mistyped But don't forget the golf corse
Tim

I am a cheap Date, I get drunk on 2 and plowed on 4. I had 5 last night so I don't have a clue as to WTF I did. But my Headache this morning, tells me I must of had a great time.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 02-08-2007, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Member

By the way just for your info, I am certified. I apologize for not knowing about this other safari, didnt realize there was another one. Also, i have been working for the same guy since i was 12 years old, so alot of products on the market i am not to familiar with, esp if they arent used in the south as i have never lived up north, also the company i previously worked for didnt use em i dont know to much about em. I try to learn about as many products as i can but owning my own chemical company keeps me pretty much busy, i know how to treat St. Augustine very well, northern turf and bermuda are my weaknesses. Sorry.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Take my advice and noone elses...

Go to lesco and get a pint of talstar or crosschek liquid and some granular. First, spray the chinch affected area with the liquid. 4 or 5 days later, treat again with the granular...then water it in. Staggering treatments is neccessary to complete a kill on the chinch and the eggs. The price of the liquid is costly... But, it is a lot cheaper than a new yard. A pint also goes a long way. So the next time you have this problem(you will), you'll be ready. Also, put some iron on the affected grass to help it heal up a little faster.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Matt I try not to come off defensive but you attacked me first. I live in Florida to if you have not tried Safari you are missing out on a cash cow on sagos. It is the best thing going for Asian Cycad Scale. This product completlt wipes it out give it a try. I did over $25,000 last year in sago treatments. Not one call back.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accu-cut Lawn Care View Post
Go to lesco and get a pint of talstar or crosschek liquid and some granular. First, spray the chinch affected area with the liquid. 4 or 5 days later, treat again with the granular...then water it in. Staggering treatments is neccessary to complete a kill on the chinch and the eggs. The price of the liquid is costly... But, it is a lot cheaper than a new yard. A pint also goes a long way. So the next time you have this problem(you will), you'll be ready. Also, put some iron on the affected grass to help it heal up a little faster.
Accu-cut

I see you are another lawn boy Yankee who needs to stay North of the Mason Dixon line. That being the Mason Dixon line between Georgia and Florida. You are really showing your ignorants by suggesting we keep applying the same chemical to a problem that the insect has build a resistances too. If Bifenthrin doesn't control chinch bugs, more Bifenthrin won't control them either. Read your pesticide handbook and understand the word ROTATE chemicals. Bifenthrin-Talstar is not the only insecticide on the market or is it a cure all as the manufacture suggests. Don't let your education of your professions look like your family tree, a telephone pole. Broaden your horizons and read Industry Magazine or buy some real text books on the subject. Just because you bought your certificate in a drug store doesn't make you the doctor.

Old 02-09-2007, 07:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Hey Matt I try not to come off defensive but you attacked me first. I live in Florida to if you have not tried Safari you are missing out on a cash cow on sagos. It is the best thing going for Asian Cycad Scale. This product completlt wipes it out give it a try. I did over $25,000 last year in sago treatments. Not one call back.
Tom Maccubin recomended safari last time I talked to him
Old 02-09-2007, 07:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Pro Mo your in my neck of the woods. You heard this is Toms last year. Safari is an expensive app It will run you about $6-$7 per thousand.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:32 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Pro Mo your in my neck of the woods. You heard this is Toms last year. Safari is an expensive app It will run you about $6-$7 per thousand.
Tim & Brian

You guys need to get together and have a beer. I see a good friendship in the making.

BTW Tim, I just moved your E Mail address to my "Undisclosed Recipients list" Brian has been receiving Junk E mail from me for years. Now you will have the same PITA Honor.

PS Brian I will be in a beer chugging contest with a NJ midget at Disney World in early March and hope to see you then.