Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-20-2006, 02:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustALawnGuy
I don't have business cards and haven't used them in years and years. I have no need for them since I am already busy. That's what I tell people who approach me on the street.

thanx for all the replies.
JustALawnGuy, i appreciate the fact that you have plenty of work. i have lots of work but there is time in my schedule for more. you see, i'm greedy. and i'm still in the process of culling.
i think the idea of attempting to "hook the fish" at the time of giving the card, is what i'm lacking in these encounters. i will start keeping a notebook with the cards so i can get their contact info. i guess the problem is that i'm not showing enough interest. we are never really off duty are we?

You can't charge extra because it takes you twice as long to do the job because you have crappy or outmoded equipment.

And, if they don't pay, put a shovel upside their head.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Business cards

Hi Gang,
I'm a big beleiver in handing out cards.
I print my own so I can make up cards for my people to handout as well. Just change the name etc.

Color is important for professional look and easier for future clients to recall.

We post them on bulletin boards at business places like hardware stores, garden centers. resturants and equipment dealers.

If you want people to remember you, help them! I carry cards in my truck for related businesses, so if I don't do "mowing" I give them a mowing guys card etc.
I like to promote related professions and they do the same for me.

And yes I have givin competitor's cards of I don't like to those "pain in the A**" clients I don't want.

Have a great holiday season!
mount airy, md 21771-0630
Old 11-22-2006, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You will be surprised on how long some people will hold onto a card, I had a guy call me 2 yrs later and said remember me I stopped you one time when you were cutting a lawn... Usally if I have time I tell them estimates are free give me your address and I'll stop by tomorrow