Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-12-2006, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would be really impressed if someone did 100k in there first year. I'm sure it is doable but it would require a lot of careful planning and buisness knowledge.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I am currently projecting to gross 62,000 in 2007. (My first full / real year)Granted, it is only a projection that is sure to change. But it gives me goals to shoot for and an insight on what to look out for. Getting it down on paper in a 12 month projection really helps to see what you need to make and spend money on. Of course, it is a constant work in progress and it may not be for everyone.

Lawn care in Pensacola, Florida.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDNCLAWNCARE
Here are my 2007 first year goals.. I spend 2006 buying equipment and saving cash to start for 2007. I'm ready to hit the advertising hard in 2007. Here are my goals for 2007.

(20) Residential Customer - Already have (2) so 18 to go...
(1) Commercial Account
(15K Net Income) - Before expenses...

Does this sound resonable?

Steve
Hey steve sounds like a good plan I am going to be starting lawn service in 2007 as well in taylor MI. I have been looking at commercial walkbehind mowers just learned of one called the quick 36" sounds good for the price but my favorite is probably scags lineup of walkbehind mowers what do you have.I have already bought a 6.5 by 12 open trailer craftsman blower trimmer and walkbehind edger and still want to buy another better trimmer and a stick edger.have invested about 2000 so far. Oh and I purchased a trimmer rack from greentouch nice and verry well built.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:10 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I am also trying to get into the lawn buisness people look at me like im crazy when i tell them what i am going to do. Im going to start small and see how it goes but to be honest i cant stop thinking about it. Im excited to start my own thing but have made sure to pray about it each step of the way. I think I will post flyers at local grocery stores/hardware stores etc. Will also make flyers and distribute them house to house in good neighborhoods hopefully I can get a start like that. Right now I am working for an auto supplier and thigs seem shaky.Atleast when I do this all of my income wont be gone if I get layedoff.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:13 AM
LawnSite Member

jaybow...auto industry is extremely shaky...same reason I'm starting part time in 07...what supplier do you work for?

www.andrewlawn.com'>http://andrewlawn.com">andrewlawn.com
Old 11-13-2006, 01:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I work for johnson controls wich is a strong company but they are continually makeing more and more cuts and combineing plants together to cut costs wich will maybe put me out of work later this year but unsure right now.I currently work on a assembly line making ford focus seats. Thank God its an economy car.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:37 AM
LawnSite Member

yeah, i'm in KC building SUVs...too low seniority to not plan ahead...have they offered you guys any buyouts? That's the only thing I'm thankful for...I'd rather take a buyout than a kickout...

Old 11-13-2006, 01:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

No they havent they just keep us in the dark until the end and just drop the bomb on us. I have worked there for almost ten years and now work harder than ever.The stress level is crazy and what they expect out of you is verry unrealistic.Ive got high hopes in eventually doing well with landscapeing but I know I need to learn how to bid on commercial buisness to make real money doing it.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:59 AM
LawnSite Member

well i wish you luck in this biz...we all need it...people think us autoworkers have it good with being union and all, but if they only knew how repetitive work breaks your body down they would understand...i just feel my life and time are worth more than what they pay us...if i'm going to be crippled from a job I'd rather enjoy it than hate it...I work nights and spend more time with co workers than with my family...that's not right...keep me posted on what's going on up there where you're at and I'll do the same...

Old 11-13-2006, 02:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah I work 5 pm til around 5 am most days and I will keep you posted .