Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-19-2006, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

ditto on the color. my company colors are the same as in my avatar. however my shirts are grey. I am looking to change to the mustard yellow in my company color and see if I can get them in under armor style, they breath so much better than my regular tee's
Old 11-19-2006, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Member

When you order shirts have you ever asked for the Moisture wicking material?

This our first year we purchased several Under Armor Shirts without any logo's (the loose fit not the type to show off my gut.) the heat gear worked great. My 2 Cents.

52" Exmark Lazer Z HP
34" Exmark Phazer
2001 Ford F 150
Gator 6'6" X 12' Trailer with Jungle Jim Racks
5' X 10' Trailer with Lifetime Racks
Echo Bed Redefiner
Turfco Bed Edger
Trac Vac Front Mount Aereator
Ryan Lawnaire V Aereator
Redmax BP Blower EB 7001
Echo Line Trimmer SRM230 With Edgit
Stihl Hand Held Blower SH85
Old 11-19-2006, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i was thinking of getting the tan or red. i have a tan truck and stuff that matches always looks good! but i love red and no one around my area has red or anything like that. what color lettering would you guys put on the red or the tan??
Old 11-19-2006, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenn1001
do any of you solo guys wear company shirts? if so how many did you buy and how much where they? if not what do you wear? what is a comfortable, cool, yet professional uniform? i ask this because i have been in biz for 2 years and i am trying to be more professional and less of a lawn boy this coming season.
First off spend the money and get a good catchy design for your business. this can be use on your vehicles and shirts as logos. I say this as it does not mean much the first few years in business but the logo will stand out more than your name will on your vehicle and shirts. You can also use this on lawn signs, yellow page advertising and other forms of advertising.
Then when that is done I would recomend a min of:
6 t-shirts for working in light color recomended we use ash or heather greay (same thing depends on the company)
2 polo shirt embroidered
1 sweat shirt (pay the extra for the pockets as they come in really handy)
1 waterproof jacket get embroidered
2 hats embroidered 1 to work in when and one to throw on when your having a bad hair day and need to do a bid.

Trick for bidding while working is to have clean hat and 1 polo shirt in truck at all times. quick stop at a telephone booth and superman never looked better than if you show up with sweat stains all over your t-shirt
if they walk up on you while you are working don't worry about your look as they already realize why you are grungy.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

OH by the way as you grow and have more work you will find buying a min of 12 per person, per year will be better as you are always riping them on something or having masive stains.
Don't throw those away as they are the ones to wear when you have to wear a rain jacket or sweatshirt all day.

Plus the bonus of having a company shirt is that you can write them off. regular work clothes you cant.
Make it a company uniform and you can write off your pants and what ever shoes you require.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I believe in company shirts 100% .. if for no other reason then name recognition and safety for the home or business owner. Don't we hear all the time about the guy from the water company or gas company ... and how their employees will always have company ID and uniforms when coming to our house? This is for the safety of the homeowner, and their security of not being taken by a scam artist.

You're up working around a homeowners house, their doors and windows ... and this will make them feel secure in the fact that they know who you are because they see you and/or your crew there each week with the company shirts on.

Image man ... Image

Proud Supporter of:
Hustler mowers ~ Xtreme racks ~ STHIL products
Old 11-20-2006, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MajorTom
solo or employees I think wearing a company shirt is a good image thing.
we have both polos (which are WAY too hot to work in), and t shirts printed with our company name and phone #. It's an easy decision what to wear to work each day, and I think it just looks better than regular clothes.
I thought polos were too hot until I tried the coolmax polos from duluth trading co. I wore them all summer. they're about 30$ a piece, but sometimes they have sales. I got navy blue and still stayed cool enough in the heat. They breathe very well. Try one, you'll like it!
Old 11-20-2006, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Yep, I had shirts made a couple months ago. Also some hooded sweatshirts.

Company logo and number on back, then also on right breast on the front.

Small price to pay to have a more professional image. AFAIK, I am the only company based out of my town which has company shirts.

Originally posted by SLR:
Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
Old 11-21-2006, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

once the printing is paid for you have unlimited years of advertising everywhere you go (stores,restaurants etc)
Old 11-22-2006, 09:49 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozd12005
once the printing is paid for you have unlimited years of advertising everywhere you go (stores,restaurants etc)
You want effective advertising ... let your wife/girlfriend wear your shirts too. For some reason ... men seem to notice advertising on a womans shirt

Proud Supporter of:
Hustler mowers ~ Xtreme racks ~ STHIL products