Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-20-2006, 11:30 AM
Blessed 1's Avatar
Blessed 1 Blessed 1 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: ALBANY GA
Posts: 516
Exmark Is Stepping Up!

I see that Exmark has quit using to 31 Hp Vanguard and went to a 35 Hp on the 60" XS and are offering a speed up kit to increase the speed to 15 mph. I have the 05 XS with the 31 Hp and I am drooling to get my hands on a 35 Hp. Do we ever get enough? Now I just have to figure how to get it and dirty it up before the old lady notices..........
On a more serious note I bet the 35 Hp will get me through the whole year with a mulch kit. With my old 27 Hp I had to remove it in May. This past year I made it till August with the 31 Hp and removed it for about 3 weeks during the rainy season.

The Lazer Z buyers will now get the 31 Hp and they are going to Love It!
__________________
Mike's Lawn Service, Albany GA.
In Business since 2002
02 2500HD Silverado Duramax:
04 36" 15hp Metro
05 60" 31 Hp Exmark Lazer XS
07 60" 35 Hp Exmark Lazer XS (Like a International)
07 Ferris IS2000 25 Kaw 61"(Like a Lexus) (sold 10/07)
07 Toro 52" Kubota Diesel (Like a Corvette)
Magna-Matic 9000
Out of Business in 2008 Due to High Cost of Fuel and full time job time requirements.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-20-2006, 11:53 AM
John Gamba's Avatar
John Gamba John Gamba is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: ct
Posts: 10,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed 1
I see that Exmark has quit using to 31 Hp Vanguard and went to a 35 Hp on the 60" XS and are offering a speed up kit to increase the speed to 15 mph. I have the 05 XS with the 31 Hp and I am drooling to get my hands on a 35 Hp. Do we ever get enough? Now I just have to figure how to get it and dirty it up before the old lady notices..........
On a more serious note I bet the 35 Hp will get me through the whole year with a mulch kit. With my old 27 Hp I had to remove it in May. This past year I made it till August with the 31 Hp and removed it for about 3 weeks during the rainy season.

The Lazer Z buyers will now get the 31 Hp and they are going to Love It!

31 on the front runner too
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-20-2006, 01:13 PM
J&R Landscaping's Avatar
J&R Landscaping J&R Landscaping is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bensalem, PA
Posts: 5,096
You have to factor the fact that your XS is running bigger pumps and such. I think the 31 will be a good enigne for the Z.
__________________
Joe
J&R Lawn and Landscaping
23 years old, Fully licensed and insured. 50+ accounts
2011 8x16 Pace Summit trailer
2010 Exmark TTHP 17/48
04 Exmark Viking 32"
96 Exmark Metro 36"
Echo, Redmax, and Shindaiwa handhelds. Husky chain saws.
2010 F-350 4x4 6.4 PSD w/ 8' Western plow.
1997 F-250 4x4 7.3 PSD
2004 Bobcat 61" 25hp ZTR for sale. 1100 hours, Under 10 hours on a TOTAL DECK REBUILD! PM for details
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-20-2006, 02:52 PM
Blessed 1's Avatar
Blessed 1 Blessed 1 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: ALBANY GA
Posts: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&R Landscaping
You have to factor the fact that your XS is running bigger pumps and such. I think the 31 will be a good enigne for the Z.
From what I see they are not putting the larger pumps on the Z. They are affering the 31 Hp on the Lazer Z frame. If they put the larger pumps and all on it, what reason would you have to get the XS? I aggree with ya on it being a good engine on the Z. If mines had the 31 Hp available when I purchased it in 04 I would not be obsessed with the getting the 35
__________________
Mike's Lawn Service, Albany GA.
In Business since 2002
02 2500HD Silverado Duramax:
04 36" 15hp Metro
05 60" 31 Hp Exmark Lazer XS
07 60" 35 Hp Exmark Lazer XS (Like a International)
07 Ferris IS2000 25 Kaw 61"(Like a Lexus) (sold 10/07)
07 Toro 52" Kubota Diesel (Like a Corvette)
Magna-Matic 9000
Out of Business in 2008 Due to High Cost of Fuel and full time job time requirements.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-20-2006, 03:09 PM
Willofalltrades's Avatar
Willofalltrades Willofalltrades is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 1,000
I was interested in the 28EFI for fuel saveings. Is there a noticable difference between the two motors? I mean can you tell the 3 hp difference?
__________________
Will Toth
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-20-2006, 06:34 PM
tacoma200's Avatar
tacoma200 tacoma200 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Southern Kentucky
Posts: 5,427
cubic inches, torque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willofalltrades
I was interested in the 28EFI for fuel saveings. Is there a noticable difference between the two motors? I mean can you tell the 3 hp difference?
I think the big block with more cubic inches (Vanguard) and it's superior torque are what make the difference. The Briggs Vanguard would be hard to bogg down compared to the smaller Kohlers. What do they say about no substitute for cubic inches.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-20-2006, 06:38 PM
MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE's Avatar
MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: BEREA KY
Posts: 1,550
Copy catting scag
__________________
DO NOT TRUST YOUR LIFE TO A POS
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Daner's Avatar
Daner Daner is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Guelph Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,281
Now this horse power thing has really thrown a wrench Into my gears. Me being a diesel lover Is wondering about the total output torque difference between the 35 hp Vanguard... and the 25Hp Kubota Diesel anyone got the specs on this?
But yes Exmark has really done a great job In the design dept for 2007.
__________________
handmade bowls - Rockwood Excavation
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-21-2006, 09:01 AM
Maitland Man Maitland Man is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Maitland, Florida
Posts: 175
You should seek employment with Scag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
Copy catting scag
With this and other threads..(belt vs Hydro).....I'd think you got your mower for free from Scag or something. Nobody here in this thread even talks about them or compares them with Scag...but there you are...Scag this Scag that...Scag should be paying you.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-21-2006, 09:06 AM
John Gamba's Avatar
John Gamba John Gamba is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: ct
Posts: 10,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitland Man
With this and other threads..(belt vs Hydro).....I'd think you got your mower for free from Scag or something. Nobody here in this thread even talks about them or compares them with Scag...but there you are...Scag this Scag that...Scag should be paying you.

Scag should be paying lawnsite.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:25 AM.

Page generated in 0.09858 seconds with 7 queries