Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-21-2006, 01:47 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If you ever saw a herd of deer starving to death and disease ridden because of over population, hunting makes a lot more sense.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:05 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Back in the 80s, the state of NY opened one of the state parks up for hunting to thin out the herd. Antis stepped in and took it to court. Well the herd did not get thinned out, it got wiped out from starvation. Very bad situation for the deer, very inhumane and very disgusting to tie it up in court and let them die instead of thinning them out.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am not against it It just is not my cup of tea have more important things that too me mean more than hunting like spending time with Grand kids
Old 11-21-2006, 06:15 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Take the grand kids hunting. Then you can do both.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandview
Take the grand kids hunting. Then you can do both.
the 8 year old like to hang with granma Judy to much and the 6 year old she is a daddys girl and the other 2 ,one is 2 years old and the youngest and only boy he is only 6 months so realy think that thye are either not intrested or sorta young even though the 2 year old managed to get on Amazon .com site and my son had the 1 click to order turned on so Hannah order her a book what was funny was they did not even know she did it till the book arived in the mail Did not take them long to make sure the 1 click was turned off lucky that the book was only like 14 dollars but that is sure scary for sure will be something to remember and tell Hannah when she gets a bit older If I had known that grand kids were so much funn I would have had them 1st LOL my moto spoil and send them home with all the LOUD toys
Old 11-21-2006, 08:20 AM
Banned

Here's a fact, nobody on this planet can survive without something else dying. There may come a day when we can live off of synthetic food, but it isn't here now.
Those that eat meat, but are against hunting, are people who can't do their own dirty work. Those who only eat vegetables are people who only prey on something that has no chance of escaping them.
Human are predators...might as well face it.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

you can't let mother nature run wild. lol
Old 11-21-2006, 10:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I do Hunt & enjoy it very much as it is a time that i can reflect on allot of things while sitting in my deer stand. But as far as hunting goes it is a necessary evil of sorts the herds must be thinned out to prevent starvation of the herd. Most hunters are the biggest conservationist that you will ever meet. They respect the animals that they are after. I do have a problem with those that do not follow the Law. It burns me up to see a animal killed and to find out later that the person who did it used a spotlight or some other illegal means to harvest the animal. Hunting has always been a way for my family to get together a spend time doing something we all enjoy and more times than not nothing was killed at all but the time spent together was priceless.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:50 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECS
Back in the 80s, the state of NY opened one of the state parks up for hunting to thin out the herd. Antis stepped in and took it to court. Well the herd did not get thinned out, it got wiped out from starvation. Very bad situation for the deer, very inhumane and very disgusting to tie it up in court and let them die instead of thinning them out.
Same problem last year with the elk population in the Rainer National Park in Washington State. Herd was over 10000 in an area of a national park and they tried busting them up to get them out of the park area to allow for hunting. When that didn't work they sent in a few government hunters to take a few diseased cows. December came and nearly the whole herd could be seen rib cages showing like a young ethiopian. January came and nearly 3000 elk died. They tried to get a special hunt to gether to reduce the bulls and take a few cows and hopefully push them out to areas with feed. Some special interest groups tied it up in court for 6 months. the herd was devistated from around 10000 elk to near 3500 in a few months.
The moral of the dilema is that natural predation was not enough to keep the herd in check for that area and allowing hunting would have kept the elk population higher than the estimated 3500.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I hunt on my PS2 deer hunt Cabelas game But all joking aside I would really like to try hunting with a bow sometime ...Just gotta learn how to use a bow first!